Custom Gun Shop!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
...I had never heard the term "blue sky" before, so I asked an attorney friend what it meant. If you were referring to the "$100,000 dollar statement" that I made on a deleted post, I have a signed check from one of my customers in that exact amount in my safety deposit box...
My choice of using the term "blue sky" was used in reference to the intangible value of a business. I have no knowledge of your previously deleted thread.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I obviously missed a lot by being away from the computer. There's always somebody.

I wish I could afford to get you started making chips on a project for me!

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's tough when you're selling a business with all the tooling, clientele, etc... to know what the value is, because you're not selling "you" which is usually the most valuable component. I think this is particularly true when you're selling a trade or a skill. If you train somebody then the business name will carry weight and reputation, but if you sell to just anybody that isn't going to continue your brand, then honestly I'd say the value is the tools and materials and not much else...

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
It's tough when you're selling a business with all the tooling, clientele, etc... to know what the value is, because you're not selling "you" which is usually the most valuable component. I think this is particularly true when you're selling a trade or a skill. If you train somebody then the business name will carry weight and reputation, but if you sell to just anybody that isn't going to continue your brand, then honestly I'd say the value is the tools and materials and not much else...
Hence, "blue sky", or lack thereof..

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Now I understand, thank you! Tools and materials was the intended goal, but after many discussions this morning with various influential people, they all said DON'T SELL, so I am going to take their advice and keep doing what I do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom