People flaking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a common topic on every message board I’m on, and in my opinion, it’s just the world we live in. I’m not making excuses, but it is what it is.
An easy way to solve the problem is getting payment online in advance, and then you can meet at a convenient time for both parties. I guarantee if the buyer has skin in the game he’s not backing out, but I suspect you’d see buyers b*tching about being ghosted by sellers then.
I’m not local but have done several deals lately, and I just ask if I can pay in advance (as much as I hate paypal, it’s convenient for most people) and meet the next time I’m though wherever they are. I’ve had absolutely no problem doing business this way.

Dadof#4

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's up with people flaking out then ghosting. I've had 2 members over the last few months make plans or deals then never heard from them again. I get it we are all grown men but dang just man up and say your plans changed or you don't want something anymore. One dude I could tell wasn't gonna get it after the 15th excuse in 2 weeks. If you change your mind then just say so. Don't do a clown and leave someone hanging when they can sell or trade it off elsewhere. There's my rant for the day.
I think the economy is so bad, It hasn't quite sunk in yet. People don't have the disposable income they used to have

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always give the buyer the caveat that they can inspect a gun in person before committing to it. I expect the same in return. "Newinbox, slightly used," etc. is subjective.
I agree with this totally. I met a member a couple years ago with a revolver that was described as excellent and the pictures didn't show anything to say otherwise, albeit the pictures were not great. Upon inspection at the meet, there was blue loss that had been touched up in several places with a blue pin, pitting on the backstrap, and the lock up was not that great. I explained the condition issues and passed on the deal. I also advised the seller to remove the excellent condition description.
As far as selling guns, I would hate to have someone feel buyers remorse on a gun they bought from me. If I missed something on my item, I would definitely not hold someone to a sight unseen agreement.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have either one of you left negative feedback for him so others will see it? It doesn't appear so.

That's what the feedback system is for. No need to start a thread if someone doesn't deal with you the way you like. Leave feedback so anyone that cares to, can see what others have to say about dealing with a particular member.
Until a mod deletes it. Had that happen once already. Guy sold out from under me after a deal had been made. I left negative and he got it deleted.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Until a mod deletes it. Had that happen once already. Guy sold out from under me after a deal had been made. I left negative and he got it deleted.
I am not able to remove or edit other's feedback but from what I know, those that are able to, do their best to get both sides of the story before making any changes.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I look at a gun that I am to buy and don’t like anything on it, no sweat. I’ll hand it back to you and tell you thanks for allowing me to see it, it’s not for me.

I tell guys that buy anything from me on here I expect the same. They don’t like, hand it back and say I’ll pass and shake my hand.

I have bought trucks, animals, a lawn mowers, chain saw, farm equipment and even a tractor years ago from here. I have handed an item back twice. I had an item handed back to me and the guy looked me in the eye and said he could not afford it after looking at his cash. Shook my hand and we went our ways, I have traded with him since then. I told him he could have just called, he said he was taught to look a guy in the eyes when doing any deal. I was raised the same. I told a man I would be there Monday to clean trees with my Dozer and break down on Friday, I went to Mondays customer and looked them in they eyes about working on their place Monday or whatever and rescheduled with them.

Don’t make big ado about deals on here, just be a straight with each other, communicate.

Just don’t ****ing ghost out/ flake! Man the **** up and at minimum call the guy if you change your mind or your donkey fell in a hole.

Last edited:

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have only had a couple guys flake out on me and I leave feedback accordingly. If you make a agreement and arrangement to buy an item and then ghost a guy, that **** is on you. Especially if the arrangement to meet is within the next day, hell if something comes up just say so, dont be a pos A$$HAT and just vanish, change your screen name and think all is forgiven....

Latest posts

Top Bottom