What was/is your favorite?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always been kind of an odd duck when it comes to cereal. My favorite when I was growing up was the big ol' Shredded Wheat biscuits. You know, the ones where it was one single biscuit that filled up your whole bowl. Just enough sugar to taste it and then let it sit in the milk until there was almost no crunch left.

1692890275455.png

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always been kind of an odd duck when it comes to cereal. My favorite when I was growing up was the big ol' Shredded Wheat biscuits. You know, the ones where it was one single biscuit that filled up your whole bowl. Just enough sugar to taste it and then let it sit in the milk until there was almost no crunch left.

View attachment 404761
Thought/think they were utterly tasteless. OTH, I was born with the sweet tooth from hell.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't really remember eating a lot of cereal growing up but I do remember liking Corn Pops and for some reason Mom always bought Grape Nuts. They were pretty good with lots of sugar if you let them soak in milk for about 20 minutes while you were getting ready to go to school.

1692891398321.png

We also had Malt-O-Meal. I never cared much for it but my sisters liked it.

1692891589543.png

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We usually had a full breakfast @ 6:30. When we did eat cereal it was one without sugar sometimes even white rice. Fruit was grapefruit which I don't eat anymore because of my gout.

SKATA

Leave the gun, take the cannoli
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Dad always bought cheerios or corn flakes. Today I consume either shredded wheat or raisin bran. Higher fiber, protein, and less sugar. (showing my age?)

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Cinnamon life, fruity pebbles, and special K with sliced banana.

Had to use braums milk too, over the years that is the ONLY thing that hasn't changed too.

Oh most important thing is that you must have cereal from a red solo cup! Don't use a bowl like some fancy type either.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Special K when I was a kid. Every once in a while Mom would bring home some Corn Pops.

Now, I eat dry cereal in place of cookies --- I'm sure that I'm getting more essential vitamins this way.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Frosted flakes for me. Long long time ago, and I can not remember the brand but there was little toys. Greay plastic submarine and an aircraft carrier. Had a little pop off metal piece with a hole in it. Put a pea sized amount of baking soda in it. The sub would submerge then surface, tip to release the bubble and go back down. Ha the carrier bubble would push it forward. I think It was Kellogs corn flakes or maby Rice Chrispies. Thanks for the memories.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't really remember eating a lot of cereal growing up but I do remember liking Corn Pops and for some reason Mom always bought Grape Nuts. They were pretty good with lots of sugar if you let them soak in milk for about 20 minutes while you were getting ready to go to school.

View attachment 404762

We also had Malt-O-Meal. I never cared much for it but my sisters liked it.

View attachment 404763
You are my twin. Grape nuts and Malt O Meal. I never liked the kid stuff. I still buy MOM and GN to this day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom