What’s your favorite place to eat?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubbaturbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can make just about any meal at home that surpasses any restaraunt for quality and definitely price.

Our eating out is mostly what I don't cook; Chinese. The Buffet King in Wichita Falls is our #1, Duncan is a distant #2.

LA Familia is top Mexican in Lawton. Los Tres and Ted's are local favorites, but barely ok, to my palate.

Bill's Fish House at Waurika is worth a stop, for fried catfish. The Frog legs and fried oysters are decent, but pricey.

Been to Jimmy's egg twice, never again.
Been to Olive Garden twice, never again.

Wright's is a decent breakfast, but breakfast isn't hard. Though, Jimmy's can screw that up.

Our medical trips to OKC almost always end up Fuzzy Taco. Compiling a list from here as to future options. Amber is definitely on our radar.

Summer trips around the State in search of the hamburger in Okla, are being planned. It could be interesting.

Keep those list coming, good and BAD!.
My wife and I did a "hamburger tour" around the state one summer. It was interesting. I'll ask her what the name of the best was since I have forgotten.

I like the Garage pretty well for hamburgers. We went in the one on NW 122 right after it opened. I ordered a "bacon cheeseburger with ...". The cashier said, serious as a heart attack, "we don't have bacon cheeseburgers, I can get you a cheeseburger with bacon 🍔 though". "OK, let's do that". 😂

bubbaturbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Apparently we liked Hamburger King in Shawnee and Bunnies in OKC for burgers too. A couple of onion burger places in El Reno - can't remember names - not so much.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Garage or Johnnies in Moore --- burgers
Charlestons---- eating there since the 80's
Two Frogs Grill ---Ardmore but it's been a minute
Fireside Dining--- "
Kens -----Amber
Tarahumaras in Norman--- love the food, not the music

We used to try restaurants all over, but don't get out as much now. A lot of my faves have gone out of business like Cimmaron Steakhouse, Lubys,etc. Never been to JR' s Grill.

Last edited:

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Apparently we liked Hamburger King in Shawnee and Bunnies in OKC for burgers too. A couple of onion burger places in El Reno - can't remember names - not so much.
Hamburger King here in Shawnee is an icon that's been in business since 1927. Until recently I would always recommend it to those looking for a good burger, but the last couple of times I went there the food just wasn't the same.

I believe the they are taking cost cutting measures like most places these days. Unfortunately I'm not sure the burgers are still 100% beef and the quality of the food in general has seemed to have slipped a bit.

0bserver

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I stay in western/NW OK mostly, but here's my short list: Waggs in Woodward, Gusto's in Shattuck, Packsaddle Bar and Grill between Arnett and Roll, Sagebrush Cafe in Reydon, The Plaza in Altus, Old Plantation in Medicine Park, Beckys or Mamaw's in Cheyenne, Lucille's in Weatheford

Is Gusto's the italian restaurant? That place is dang good.

We like to go to India Palace on 71st and Lewis.

Hapa in Owasso is another favorite.

Gettin' Basted is good BBQ in Branson.

mgssamn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
no particular order. not saying anything about $ or service- just food p laces my wife and I like.

Smokies - BA
El Patron- tulsa/BA 169/41st
Old World Pizza BA
Hideaway -- only for Pizza of Gods
Crab and Catfish ( 71/county line BA fairly new. great catfish)
Abendigos Hochatown
Red Rock
senor pancho BA 71st/ just east of creek turnpike. (only couple month old at best.)
The garage spicy avocado burger.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is Gusto's the italian restaurant? That place is dang good.

We like to go to India Palace on 71st and Lewis.

Hapa in Owasso is another favorite.

Gettin' Basted is good BBQ in Branson.
Yep, the one right in the middle of Shattuck across from the school. Never had any bad food there, plus their desserts are dang good too

0bserver

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, the one right in the middle of Shattuck across from the school. Never had any bad food there, plus their desserts are dang good too
Wife grew up in Houston. She said Gusto's was the best italian food she's ever had. Pretty crazy for a small town like Shattuck Oklahoma to beat out Houston eateries.

Latest posts

Top Bottom