What’s your favorite place to eat?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My place. The wife’s a great cook. On the rare occasion we want a burger, we go to Carls Junior in Moore. Excellent burgers. Always fresh and hot. Not sure how they stay open. I never see anyone else there.

Western Bacon Cheeseburger and an order of zucchini!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We used to eat there and see all the planes come in from OKC to eat there and one time 6 helicopters took off!
The airport club has a monthly breakfast out there every month in their clubhouse that is also a fly-in.
Dozens of aircraft from hobby planes to private jets fly in to get some food and show off their aircraft.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For the best BBQ in the state, it's Smokin' Joe's in Davis. I'm not normally a fan of ribs, but I'd drive to Davis for Smokin' Joe's ribs--just not on Sunday or Wednesday, 'cause they're closed on church days,

Then you can drive to the other side of I-35 and grab some fried pies.
There’s one in Noble, and I believe there is one in Tuttle. It’s almost as good as the Davis location, but a little shorter drive for you.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There’s one in Noble, and I believe there is one in Tuttle. It’s almost as good as the Davis location, but a little shorter drive for you.
I don't know if the one in Noble is open yet. It doesn't look like it, but I've only been through Noble on Sundays recently. Since we sold my folks' farm, I don't even have any call to go through there on Sundays now.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spencers's BBQ in Midwest City had the best BBQ aorund, ran by a Vietnam veteran but sadly he closed in Dec 2023. Tried Olive garden awhile back but it was no better than Stouffer's at the grocery store.
Like others have said, home is the best cafe, you know what you're getting, that is is prepared exactly the wayt you want, it's clean and the price is right.
Some of the local eateries have closed and those remaining have raised theri prices astronomically.
Remember when a Whataburger cost $3.29? It's now over $5.00 each and I have grass fed hamburger in my freezer. I don't understand how young couples that don't have high paying jobs make it totday.
Covid and the shut down basically ruined a lot of businesses and the IRS doesn't have as much $$$ going in since so many businesses have closed. Guess they didn't think of that when they shut down everything.

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread will get plenty of recommendations in OK, so I'll go out of state:

Far too fancy for my taste, but I've been there twice for work functions and had the best meal (at a restaurant) I can remember - Ossobuco “My Way”. I ordered it for a 2nd time this past year and it did not disappoint.
Lidia's in KC. I have had it 3 out of 4 last trips to Big XII bball tournament. It might be at Chalk in OKC (near Top Golf).

Last edited:

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The vintage is Morrison is in my top 3 steak houses of anywhere in America. The spudder in Tulsa or cattleman’s in okc for an affordable steak dinner. The rusty barrel in Ponca is good as well any restaurant that you enter through the alley is my kinda place.
White river in Tulsa for fish is exceptional as well.
Tamale boyz in sapulpa has awesome tamales I usually buy a few dozen and freeze them to eat later. Enrique’s (airport Mexican) in Ponca is good also.

Latest posts

Top Bottom