What’s your favorite place to eat?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the best BBQ in the state, it's Smokin' Joe's in Davis. I'm not normally a fan of ribs, but I'd drive to Davis for Smokin' Joe's ribs--just not on Sunday or Wednesday, 'cause they're closed on church days,

Then you can drive to the other side of I-35 and grab some fried pies.

mike miller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, Enrique’s is darned good eating. Lots of big time celebs show up there occasionally in their private jets as there is a fuel station for aircraft next door and all the pilots are familiar with it.
We used to eat there and see all the planes come in from OKC to eat there and one time 6 helicopters took off!

PiedmontGuy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
However, Slicks in Muskogee was THE place for awesome BBQ.
back in my college days I was dating a girl who grew up near Muskogee and a friend suggested Slicks to me. I asked to take her family out for a meal and said I wanted to take them to Slicks. They refused, so I went by myself. I remember it being one of the better BBQ meals I have had. I would grab some when I was in the area. Slicks was great. They took me to their favorite BBQ place in Muskogee a different time and it wasn't close.

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, Enrique’s is darned good eating. Lots of big time celebs show up there occasionally in their private jets as there is a fuel station for aircraft next door and all the pilots are familiar with it.

wow! Glad to hear that place is still open. I was a member of The Flying Aggies and in college that was a popular spot to go do touch n go’s then have a meal.

Ozzie’s at Westheimer in norman seemed to be a Covid victim

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
back in my college days I was dating a girl who grew up near Muskogee and a friend suggested Slicks to me. I asked to take her family out for a meal and said I wanted to take them to Slicks. They refused, so I went by myself. I remember it being one of the better BBQ meals I have had. I would grab some when I was in the area. Slicks was great. They took me to their favorite BBQ place in Muskogee a different time and it wasn't close.

Yeah, Slicks was awesome. I hated to see it close. :cry3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom