What’s your favorite place to eat?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

capnkirk462

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, and Cafe Alley in Ardmore. Food is pretty good. It has the best carrot cake on plant earth...full stop!

View attachment 443472

I could take or leave carrot cake before trying theirs, and then I became a believer! I since tried carrot cake all over the place and nothing comes close to how they do it.
Wow, I am a carrot cake fan. I am going to have to check that place out. Thanks for the tip.

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We travel around the state a lot, partly because of my work and partly because we like to, and like to grab our meals in the local hot spots. Thought I’d check the collective culinary experts here for suggestions.

So what are some of your favorite grub stops and what town are they in?
The Ranch.

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am retracting the positives I gave Tarahumara (Norman ) earlier.

ate there with an Army buddy today. Food was great!

but he ordered tamale platter, I had a chimichanga - lunch size supposedly.
I had one light domestic beer, he had a margarita

bill was $65 —- holy hell , maybe $30 worth of food, a single beer can’t be more than 5 or 6 bucks leaving me to ponder
“How much was that darn margarita anyway?”

I was having a good time and didn’t really look at the bill closely but now , hours later in my refractory period am thinking — WTF. This is a greasy spoon Mexican joint, not fine dining — honestly thinking the server flubbed something on the check in hindsight but that was hours ago now — too late to do anything about but just not go there again

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Garage in Shawnee has the burgers. We love Enrique’s at the airport in Ponca City for our Mexican.
Yep, Enrique’s is darned good eating. Lots of big time celebs show up there occasionally in their private jets as there is a fuel station for aircraft next door and all the pilots are familiar with it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom