What’s your favorite place to eat?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Meat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Murphy's Steakhouse in Bartlesville.

Squish Burger in Mounds (fantastic burger!)

Caribbean Sushi in BA

Pepino's In Okemah (Mex)

Franco's Pizza in Broken Arrow (awesome Italian food - you can thank me later)

Bill's Jumbo Burgers in Tulsa

Original Coney Island (21st and Garnet) in Tulsa

Magic Noodle in Norman

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I stay in western/NW OK mostly, but here's my short list: Waggs in Woodward, Gusto's in Shattuck, Packsaddle Bar and Grill between Arnett and Roll, Sagebrush Cafe in Reydon, The Plaza in Altus, Old Plantation in Medicine Park, Beckys or Mamaw's in Cheyenne, Lucille's in Weatheford
No white dog hill?

I’ve prob been to both Becky’s and mama’s in chyenne, I’m not a fan of Lucille’s and haven’t been to the rest aside from old plantation. It was good.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like a good Chinese Buffet,,,
When I visit my brother in Norman,,,
We almost always eat at the Golden Panda.

They have a large selection of food stuffs,,,
And with the all-you-can eat buffet,,,
I waddle when I leave the place.

Aarond

Yeah, I can put a hurt on a good Chinese buffet as well.beautiful art
Me too, but not like my old working buddy. To see his plate after he walked through the line was like looking at a beautiful work of art. He explained to me once. He started at the sides of the plate, building it up gradually with a big helping of rice in the middle followed by every conceivable meat and vegetable on the server's table. Then the hot chili paste and Chinese mustard drizzled over all.

To this day, I have never seen anyone surpass his architectural skills building up a plate of food to almost 4 inches tall.

Then he had seconds!

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 443377

We're breakfast folks too. We like Sunny Side Up in Shawnee, Mother Jugs in Wewoka and June's in Holdenville. Yeah, we don't get out very often.
Try their grilled chicken. He soaks it over night in pineapple juice, about the best I can remember eating.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am retracting the positives I gave Tarahumara (Norman ) earlier.

ate there with an Army buddy today. Food was great!

but he ordered tamale platter, I had a chimichanga - lunch size supposedly.
I had one light domestic beer, he had a margarita

bill was $65 —- holy hell , maybe $30 worth of food, a single beer can’t be more than 5 or 6 bucks leaving me to ponder
“How much was that darn margarita anyway?”

I was having a good time and didn’t really look at the bill closely but now , hours later in my refractory period am thinking — WTF. This is a greasy spoon Mexican joint, not fine dining — honestly thinking the server flubbed something on the check in hindsight but that was hours ago now — too late to do anything about but just not go there again
That's my problem with Tarahumara's; when they started, it was awesome food for a reasonable price, but it didn't take very long for them to price themselves out of my market. I used to order from them every December for the folks in my department until one year the price went up and the amount of food was literally half of what it had been the year before.

My favorite places in the Tulsa area would probably be Flo's in Catoosa or The Garage in BA. (I like their other locations just fine, but those two are my go-tos.)

Andolini's Pizza in Tulsa or Jenks is damn fine pizza. Maybe I'll order their 20" Tenbyssimo tomorrow so I'll not have to think about dinner again for the rest of the week...

Latest posts

Top Bottom