What was/is your favorite?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This meme...

1692885307243.png

...took me back to my childhood and made me ponder for a moment, about how much we change (usually not because we want to) as we get older.

I remember my favorite cereal as a kid (as well as today) was always Cap'n Crunch. Sadly, I don't get to enjoy it very often because too much of it gives me a scorching case of gout.

Nowadays, whenever I have cereal, it's usually a "grown up" type like Cheerios, Shredded Wheat or Raisin Bran. But every now and then, I'll indulge in a bowl of Fruity Pebbles, Frosted Flakes, or yes, my beloved Cap'n Crunch.

I also had a big love afair with a cereal called Quisp, but I haven't seen any of it in stores for years.

How about you? What is your current fave or what was your favorite as a kid?

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember reading the boxes as well and getting into fights with my brother over the “prizes” inside lol, Cap’n Crunch was among my favorites along with Frosted Mini Wheats! You brought back some memories for sure !!

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As for in my youth, all we could afford was shredded wheat or the occasional bowl of Cheerios. Mostly, though it was oatmeal. When my folks were feeling flush, we had pancakes or bacon and eggs.

Today, I go for the big breakfast with a ham and cheese omelet, some kind of bread like biscuits, English muffins; or pancakes, gravy, grits, or sometimes crepes. Then bacon or sausages with eggs over easy on Saturday or Sunday.

Cereal these days is Frosted Mini Wheats Honey Nut Cheerios, Rasin Bran Crunch, or Frosted Flakes at around 7:30 PM. It's to help alleviate my hypoglycemia and because I like them!

As for reading, it was comic books.

Woody

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This meme...

View attachment 404737

...took me back to my childhood and made me ponder for a moment, about how much we change (usually not because we want to) as we get older.

I remember my favorite cereal as a kid (as well as today) was always Cap'n Crunch. Sadly, I don't get to enjoy it very often because too much of it gives me a scorching case of gout.

Nowadays, whenever I have cereal, it's usually a "grown up" type like Cheerios, Shredded Wheat or Raisin Bran. But every now and then, I'll indulge in a bowl of Fruity Pebbles, Frosted Flakes, or yes, my beloved Cap'n Crunch.

I also had a big love afair with a cereal called Quisp, but I haven't seen any of it in stores for years.

How about you? What is your current fave or what was your favorite as a kid?
Quaker Life. And once they added cinnamon, now I have two favorites. :)

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As for in my youth, all we could afford was shredded wheat or the occasional bowl of Cheerios. Mostly, though it was oatmeal. When my folks were feeling flush, we had pancakes or bacon and eggs.

Today, I go for the big breakfast with a ham and cheese omelet, some kind of bread like biscuits, English muffins; or pancakes, gravy, grits, or sometimes crepes. Then bacon or sausages with eggs over easy on Saturday or Sunday.

Cereal these days is Frosted Mini Wheats Honey Nut Cheerios, Rasin Bran Crunch, or Frosted Flakes at around 7:30 PM. It's to help alleviate my hypoglycemia and because I like them!

As for reading, it was comic books.

Woody

Not to derail the thread, but in regards to comic books, were you a DC or Marvel fan?

Latest posts

Top Bottom