What was/is your favorite?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Since I moved here, 27ish years ago, agree on the Braums milk, but I mostly used a quart mixing bowl once I got out on my own. Only stopped that recently. Cut back on the case a day Coke™ habit too. For some reason it's harder to lose weight now at age 68. :anyone:
I am 44, and lately, well since "supply chain shortages" carbonated anything doesn't taste the same.

No it isnt "long covid" either. Something is different with them all, sonic fountain drinks taste the same.

Even major water brands owned by the big guys is weird. I can't drink anything but fiji or that wakanda (yeah I can't spell what it really is) It starts with a "W".

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been known to joke that I like a bit of tea flavoring in my sugar syrup, too. Been known to eat boxes of sugar cubes. Boss at work one day watched me eat 17 candy bars in a 2-1/2 hour period just before lunch. Nearly half a case of Coke™ to wash them down. They called me "Mr.Munchy." He said if he'd tried that he'd have been in a diabetic coma by the 3rd candy bar.
Good GOD, I think I gained 20 lbs just reading that and my doctor just had a heart attack at what my A1C is going to be now. 😂 😂 😂

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am 44, and lately, well since "supply chain shortages" carbonated anything doesn't taste the same.

No it isnt "long covid" either. Something is different with them all, sonic fountain drinks taste the same.

Even major water brands owned by the big guys is weird. I can't drink anything but fiji or that wakanda (yeah I can't spell what it really is) It starts with a "W"
Most of the stuff has high-fructose corn syrup in it now. Not sugar. Try Mexican Coke™ if you can find it. Cash Saver & Walmart both carry it. In glass bottles. Is as close to "Old" Coke as you can get, these days.

Friends of mine designed a couple of Coke commercials back in the mid-80's when the came out with "New Coke.'

One of them was pretty simple.

"The king has announced a Ball to celebrate the death of good taste! Pepsi will be served."

The second was " We took the Pepsi Challenge! And even when we put it in our cans you still wouldn't drink it!"

Couldn't sell them, though. If you're familiar with The Wizards of the Coast, it was some of that crowd.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had graduated high school and moved out before i knew what box cereal tasted like we mainly had eggs with bacon, sausage or ham, biscuit and gravy, oatmeal and pancakes or waffles. I like the fruity and cocoa pebbles dry as a snack whenever wife decides to pick a box up for the kiddo.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Good Morning Captain!" - Capt. Crunch

The secret is to let it soak in milk for 3 minutes so it won't abrade the roof of your mouth.

Other cereals which may or may not be available: Quisp and Pink Panther Flakes.

Last edited:

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1692912500859.png
was

Latest posts

Top Bottom