What is your favorite "strange" snack?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a short story about eating bear:

In Fall 1964, I skipped school and went to the hunting club lodge with my Father and friends for Deer Season in Sullivan County, NY up in the Catskill Mountains near the Beaver Kill River. A lawyer who lived in the house behind ours was also there with his son. One of the club members had killed a bear up in Maine that year and he’d brought a ‘fancy’ French Chef (accent and all) to prepare it the first night. It was a glorious stew with thick brown gravy, potatoes, garlic, onions, celery, parsnips and carrots I was 16 years old and my Dad and the men let me and the other underage boys drink beer. The bear was cut in large cubes that were carefully browned in a skillet before stewing and was served over flat egg noodles. It had a strong flavor, but it was pretty good. Everyone was enjoying the meal when this lawyer asked for something that caused the Chef to stand and howl in outrage and throw a fit yelling words whose meanings I didn’t know then, and still don’t know. Then he left the building and never returned. The contumelious lawyer had unabashedly exhibited the effrontery to request catsup for the meat!!!
That or Louisiana hot sauce makes all nasty palatable.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife read about shred cheese and peperoni (or bacon, ham) in the waffle maker. Really good crispy cheese but use spray oil to prevent sticking.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know if it's strange or not, but we'll buy a Feshetta (sp) pizza Hawaiian type at the grocers, bring it home and put olives, mushrooms, onions on it and it tastes better than one of the "supreme" pizzas at some local pizza joint. Add a salad and that tops it off!

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just discovered it. I bought a little jar of that Kraft Roka cheese cause Crest had it for 99 cents. One day I just needed a little something after a lite lunch but when I checked the cracker supply all I had was some bacon flavor cheese crackers. Hell of a flavor combo I thought
Same experience here

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Salty? Sweet? A combination of both? I'm gonna show my age and my southern ways here. One of my favorite indulges in peanuts in a bottle of Coke. Yum-Yum!

View attachment 491583
The only strange about this to me is it’s not Spanish peanuts in r c cola.
One of my favorites is cornbread in a glass of ice cold milk with a little sugar, saltine crackers work, if you don’t have cornbread.
What can I say, my family are from Easter Okl and I have found that this is a common snack among rednecks, along with their rc cola and
Spanish peanuts.
I had a friend that loved miracle whip and mayonnaise sandwich, I’ll try anything once, except… nope.
What say you? You got a favorite that's kinda odd or quirky? Sound off!

Latest posts

Top Bottom