What was/is your favorite?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1692912635523.png
now

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tastes nothing like grits. More like Cream 'o Wheat. Like them both, usually buy Malt-o-Meal. Do not follow the recipe For either of them, though the measurements are good. Use half milk, half water, add the cereal to cold liquid, heat to near boiling, then stir constantly for the specified time. This works for either one. Turn off the heat, put a lid on it, and set a timer for 5 minutes. When the timer goes off, add butter and season to taste. I like it sweet. YMMV!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This meme...

View attachment 404737

...took me back to my childhood and made me ponder for a moment, about how much we change (usually not because we want to) as we get older.

I remember my favorite cereal as a kid (as well as today) was always Cap'n Crunch. Sadly, I don't get to enjoy it very often because too much of it gives me a scorching case of gout.

Nowadays, whenever I have cereal, it's usually a "grown up" type like Cheerios, Shredded Wheat or Raisin Bran. But every now and then, I'll indulge in a bowl of Fruity Pebbles, Frosted Flakes, or yes, my beloved Cap'n Crunch.

I also had a big love afair with a cereal called Quisp, but I haven't seen any of it in stores for years.

How about you? What is your current fave or what was your favorite as a kid?

Methinks you might be searching for information, perhaps for nefarious reasons. First was the coffee thread, then the donut one, and now you have this one going.

I chimed in on the donut one, but I'm deciding to be careful of any thread you start.

:hey3:

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had an uncle that never ate cereal, once when I was about 9-10 we went to Mississippi to visit him and he pulled out the cereal for us kids and said who wants some “ Monster Mitts” ? That was the prize inside the box of Count Chocula cereal and Frankenberry cereal I believe they were called, that stuff was terrible ! But we never let him forget he called it the wrong name 🤪🤪

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a kid I was an absolute cereal killer. Had it everyday. Mostlymy parents would only buy the "healty" stuff. So it was Wheaties, Grape Nuts, Shredded Wheat, Cheerios, Etc. I really like pouring a bowl of the Grape Nuts with raisens and putting just enough milk in it so the cereal soaked up most of the milk then I would put two heaping table spoonfuls of brown sugar on top. Would not mix it in. Then eat is with a spoon full of grapenuts and a thick layer of brown sugar on top.

These days I can have a bowl of cereal but with very limited milk as I'm fairly lactose intolerant. When I do I love Golden Grahams.

Latest posts

Top Bottom