CZ 75 D Compact (PCR) issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK, I just got a CZ 75 PCR. Range first time today and every mag I'd have 2-4 FTF. A SLIGHT pull back of the slide chambered the round. Nose of bullet wasn't Failed to Feed, just like it was hung at end of recycling of slide. I'm HOPING it is a mag issue and I do have 2 new ones coming. Plus the springs are week in 2 mags tried. Ammo was = FMJ WWB, BB, Monarch, Federal, and Winch JHP. Didn't matter all had at least 2 per mag. Am I on the right path thinking it is the mags since they are old and weak = EASY to load.??
Thanks for any input!

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When you google for "this subject" it seems like this happens with factory mags more than the popular generic mags = mec-gar. What is going on! I swore of generic mags years ago because of the FTF. ALWAYS had better luck with 4X price factory mags... Is this an exception where I really "don't get what I paid for" Are mec-gar mags the OEM for CZ? If so should be same and just cheaper.... any comment's/experience with CZ ver mec-gar mags? Just trying to sort through it all... :-)

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One other thing to consider, and please excuse my dumb a$$. The following springs were added, and I'm not sure if part of the issue would be the added stiffness? I'm just thinking out loud, preparing for the FTF when the new mags arrive.... :-0

Installed Wolff 18# Recoil spring, Wolff 13# Main spring

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mec Gar is the OEM for CZ mags, so I'm not sure I'd look at mag springs first if they are new.

If you installed an 18# recoil spring, and your'e not shooting hot ammo, that could be it right there (he says from experience). The stock recoil spring is 14# I believe and works best with most any "normal" loads. Most folks tend to install the heavier wolf spring if they're feeding the CZ a steady diet of +P....often the case with the compacts. I went back to the stock spring on my full size 75B and my FTEs vanished when using the WWB plinker ammo. YMMV.

Edit: As to Mec Gar vs. CZ factory mags, as far as I can tell the only difference is the extended floorplate on the factory version.

ManDown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the same gun, 75 D PCR, and I've shot a couple of hundred rounds through mine and I haven't had a single malfunction of any kind. If you were using old mags, if I read that right, you might try using the new ones that came with the gun.

Is the gun new?

Are the mags new or used?

I've used the 10 rounders and the 14 rounders in mine and they have all worked. And mec-gar is the OEM for CZ and I've got 10 other mags from them and all of them have worked in all of my cz's.

You also might want to put the original recoil spring back in the gun if you have it and see what happens then.

dak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had mag problems with one of my 75s before, the factory mags(which are Mec-Gar) that came with the gun had to be "broken in" while the aftermarket Mec-Gar didn't. Go figure...

Try to keep in mind that the stock spring is set up for 124gr rounds. 115gr WWB will probably fail to feed a couple times if you put it in a brand new CZ.

Your gun should run fine with the 18# spring if you're running primarily +P or +P+ through it, if you're sticking to 115gr range loads then go back to the stock springs.

If your mag springs are weak/old pick up some new ones from Wolff.

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
thanks for the info everyone. The CZ is used but VG cond. and the mags are old and have VERY weak springs. I'll put the original recoil spring back in and hopefully my new mags will arive tomorrow... hopefully. I mean it JUST about chambers the round so it won't take much... Too bad I have ALOT of WWB 115 gr..... I'd go broke shooting +P... ;-)
thanks!

Latest posts

Top Bottom