Decisions Decisions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you shoot cast bullets you may know some revolvers measure different at the chambers.
Be nice if all chambers measured exactly the same on that revolver.

I would also slug the revolver and see if there is a pinch down area when the lead gets to the frame where the barrel is screwed in.

If I have to tweak 1 more high dollar revolver.
My super Blackhawk 45 colt and S&W TALO 7 shot 357 were pinched and the Ruger chambers were all over the place.

Accuracy between chambers sucked.

If you do not care about utmost accuracy then get the one that trips your trigger the most.
If you do like the best accuracy and are not willing to measure all holes or firelap a barrel then go for the semi auto.

I will not buy another revolver without measuring everything.
Not that you are buying.
I could not get rid of my Blackhawk quick enough.
Hated all Rugers I have had.

Daryl Licht

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If its a new production Python, then I'd go with the Italian

This is the answer. If it's one of the old school Pythons, take the Colt. If not, the Beretta. As nice as a new Python can be, I don't believe they get the love and attention the originals got when they were assembled.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t want to ask but I believe it’s a new model Python. Gotta say I am leaning toward the Beretta. I have a fair number of revolvers most of which are .38/.357s but I don’t have what I’d consider a really nice pistol. That Beretta has been really tricked out and is not your run of the mill 92. 🤷🏼‍♂️

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Python, even if new. Feel the Python will appreciate in value over time, more so than the Baretta. However my Investment feelings have rarely been good. I am a fan of the first few seasons of "The Walking Dead," so there is a bit of fandom involved as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom