Deer rifle for female

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Deer hunting takes very few shots ... my deer rifle a .270 Weatherby sees less than a dozen shots per year. with most of those shots used sighting in. Let's see one shot per deer... normally will take 3-4 deer + 3-4 shots to confirm scope is still dead on.

what I'm getting at is ... another caliber should be used to practice with.... like .22LR bolt rifle with trigger set to duplicate deer rifle. or a high quality Air rifle with trigger set to duplicate deer rifle. recoil should be fairly mild. lot's of good suggestions already posted on which caliber.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up a Tikka 243 for my son (age 2) and for my godson . I fitted it with a Nikon Prostaff scope. If you and your wife want to shoot it at the Banner Range, you are welcome to it. I would need a few minutes to sight the scope in. I also have my 25-06 that she could shoot for comparison.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Be sure to let her shoot something in the AR platform.
I've taken many deer with mine, in .223.
An AR-10 in .308 with a brake, has about the same recoil as a .243.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a new w/o box Remington .243 RH bolt action that is a youth model that I might get rid of. I can't remember the exact model and I am not near the rifle right now. I was going to use it as a donor for a project, but never got a chance. Pm me if you're interested.

Latest posts

Top Bottom