Deer Season 2018 Pics/Stories

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If duck season wasn’t during deer season and I knew how to cook them I would probably really like giving it a try
I usually don't bother with ducks until I gave a few deer in the freezer but my deer season has been terrible and bird numbers are good. Might as well have fun.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pics at @dlbleak s request, my new Grendel got it done a few weeks ago
FB2C70EC-40CB-408B-B94F-9CD50D49EF8F.jpeg
F3A64AB9-A205-4759-B128-46D498C69981.jpeg

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son in law is just getting into archery and has been having zero luck. Not even seeing deer. So I took him out last night and sat him on the edge of some soybeans still in the field. At 4:45, the deer showed up. He ended up with 18 doe and fawn in the field at one time, but only 5 came remotely close enough for a shot. He attempted a 40 yd shot, but a clean miss.

I sat on a feeder about 1/2 mile away. I had 6 doe and fawn come in within 4 mins of the feeder going off. I had decided that I would go for a heart shot only, so aimed low. She didn’t duck the string at all and I literally shaved her chest. Broad head had hair on it and not a speck of blood.

So, between him finally seeing a bunch of deer and seeing that his father in law misses too, his spirits are lifted a little today.

Latest posts

Top Bottom