Deer Season 2018 Pics/Stories

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
9C6D5A4D-9FFA-4533-A4EC-9FA6FD8F300E.png
Took my 11 year old nephew out today and he got a nice 8 point with the crossbow. He just started hunting this year and killed 2 bucks and a doe. Was the most fun I’ve had hunting in a long time!

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 129359 View attachment 129360 Been getting lots of pics of this 8 point the last few weeks. I’m almost positive it’s the same one that showed up a few hours later with his right antler missing. I’ve seen them shed their antlers in December but don’t think it’s real common.
Congrats to both of you a buddy of mine was helping his friend drag out a spike the other day that was his first bow kill and they pulled both horns off dragging him

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
99636FD0-8D0E-44EF-9BAC-73F15651BD0E.jpeg
My son in law just started hunting this year. He has never hunted in all his 26 years, so all is new to him. He listens intently when I explain things to him and teach him what I know. He has hunted hard this year, bow only, and has tried to apply everything he can remember that I told him. He missed a doe a few weeks back, but took a spike this evening, making a perfect 28 yard shot. Double lunger. He shot the deer at 4:00pm but remembered that he need not get in a hurry about tracking it. He backed out, went home for dinner and we went back out a little after 7:00pm. The deer hadn’t gone 100 yds. Just a little buck to most of us, but quite the feat considering he never even owned a bow before September, and took his first deer ever, the first year he started hunting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom