Deer Stand Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice stand! Nearly a cabin. Wow. On the topic of Blinds. I am looking into one for the first time. Is one like this: http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/prod...uct.jsp?productId=727939&WTz_l=YMAL;IK-419464

Decent? Or are the pop up doghouse style ones fine? I have not done this before and don't even see the blind as essential but might put one out just in case it is rainy etc. I want to leave it out for a while so the deer get used to it of course. Anyone use something like these or know of a better way to go?

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have used pop up's and have put them out the night before and shot deer out of them the next day. I am going to start building a 4' X 8' tower blind for this Fall's youth hunt.I will probably use some leftover telephone poles for supports. Do you think that will support 3 people????:scratch::woohoo1:

Tampabucs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice stand! Nearly a cabin. Wow. On the topic of Blinds. I am looking into one for the first time. Is one like this: http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/prod...uct.jsp?productId=727939&WTz_l=YMAL;IK-419464

Decent? Or are the pop up doghouse style ones fine? I have not done this before and don't even see the blind as essential but might put one out just in case it is rainy etc. I want to leave it out for a while so the deer get used to it of course. Anyone use something like these or know of a better way to go?

My hunting buddy has that exact pop-up blind and he loves it. In fact, it has been up since last year and appears to be in great condition.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My hunting buddy has that exact pop-up blind and he loves it. In fact, it has been up since last year and appears to be in great condition.

Really? Excellent! I might put one of these out in my woods then! Thank you! Sure seems easier than building a large structure out there. Considering it is 2+ hours away from me! I guess I need a hunting spot closer to OKC eh?

hard_r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got floor on!

ai767.photobucket.com_albums_xx316_hard_r_281265_587531162459_177804997_32108361_1965092_n_1.jpg

And Carpet!!!

ai767.photobucket.com_albums_xx316_hard_r_215052_587534091589_177804997_32108399_5602208_n.jpg

Tampabucs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man that looks pretty cool! How long did this take to build? I would like to build one like this and paint it camo.

Thanks!! Just took a few hours. The longest part was cutting boards, measuring etc.. but not too bad. I'm going to camo mine when I get back out there, but this heat has been insane. If you plan to hunt for the next 2-3 years then they are 100% worth the little extra money and effort.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That looks to be 6-8' long? Mine is 4X6, and sometimes I wish it was 4X4. It gets hard to see out of both ends if the deer come close and underneath. If you plan on more than one hunter, like kids, its the perfect size.

Latest posts

Top Bottom