Deer Stand Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is the deal. You could have painted it OSU orange, and in a day or two the deer would not care. As long as something in their area is not a threat, they don't care.
Very nice build by the way! :D

hard_r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like it a lot. Is there a ladder to get in it?

Ladder is on the agenda for Saturday.

Here is the deal. You could have painted it OSU orange, and in a day or two the deer would not care. As long as something in their area is not a threat, they don't care.
Very nice build by the way! :D

I know. The camo job was really just for my own fun. My wife's stand is silver tin and I just sprayed some lines on it to break up the outline. Several deer have been shot from it that never even looked at it. I just wanted to camo this one.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually IMHO, the camo paint job should be to conceal it from idiot thieves.
Mine can be seen from a mile away, and haven't been hit yet. I'm sure its coming. They will get my stash of Light Spam, tater chips, and BBQ Vienna sausages from the food shelf........:D

hard_r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually IMHO, the camo paint job should be to conceal it from idiot thieves.
Mine can be seen from a mile away, and haven't been hit yet. I'm sure its coming. They will get my stash of Light Spam, tater chips, and BBQ Vienna sausages from the food shelf........:D

On the first point, it's a half mile from any road, so I don't have to worry as much about that. On the second point, FOOD SHELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I put a shelf in there but wasn't really sure why, just thought it would come in handy. But now....Deviled Ham! Cheese Crackers! Squeeze cheese!!! I'd say pickled eggs and pickled beer sausages but i don't think the insulated blind and scentlock could even handle that...

Latest posts

Top Bottom