Del City Police Officer Charged In Shooting Death Of Teen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in the day, if they bailed, you wailed. It was common practice to shoot at car thieves when they bailed out and started running. If you caught them after a foot chase, they got an old fashion butt whipping. Especially if they had been on an extended chase or tried to hit officers with their car. But after the Fleeing Felon judgement came out in '85, car thieves knew they could run without any fear of being shot. It was pretty worthless to yell, "freeze or I'll shoot!". ( not actually the vernacular used...cleaned up for posting on OSA ). After the fleeing felon rules changed the method of capture, car thefts went up 100% in the OKC area.

S

Starbright

Many years ago if a guy smarted off to a officer of the law (we didn't call them cops then-that was an insult) it was common practice for the officer to use a sap along side one's head. The boys and i all had respect for a police officer and his authority! These days, it is acceptable to cuss and insult policemen even to the point of spitting on them. We definitely had less crime back then for some reason.

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many years ago if a guy smarted off to a officer of the law (we didn't call them cops then-that was an insult) it was common practice for the officer to use a sap along side one's head. The boys and i all had respect for a police officer and his authority! These days, it is acceptable to cuss and insult policemen even to the point of spitting on them. We definitely had less crime back then for some reason.

For better or for worse, the first amendment gives you the right to cuss and insult pretty much anyone you want to, and especially those in government. the spitting is a bit much though, that should definitely get some added charges right there.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Back in the same day, my Uncle was a captain in the FD. They shared a building with the PD. Being a wild child, and getting stopped by the pd, and learning my name, I'd have preferred the sap up side of the head for punishment compared to what I got from my uncle and dad. It wasn't pleasant, but I learned respect of the law.

Subsonic

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So the moral of the story in Oklahoma County is that if you defend yourself or others, you will be charged with murder/manslaughter. Sounds like it's time for a new DA up there.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So the moral of the story in Oklahoma County is that if you defend yourself or others, you will be charged with murder/manslaughter. Sounds like it's time for a new DA up there.

There have been at least a couple of shootings reported in the news where no charges were filed from shootings resulting from home burglaries/invasions.

http://newsok.com/woman-shoots-intruders-in-midwest-city/multimedia/video/644106093001

I can't find a link to the other one but IIRC a man came home and found a strange vehicle in his driveway. He entered his home and shot someone. I think there was a thread here about it but, again, I can't find it. Blah!:scratch:

I feel the same way about this shooting as I did about Ersland shooting the kid laying in the floor (not the first shot, the ones that came after), if someone is NOT an immediate threat you SHOULD NOT shoot them. I've no love for the criminal element but danggit ... when you go shooting an unarmed, defenseless man on the floor or an unarmed man running from you open up a can of worms.

Latest posts

Top Bottom