Del City Police Officer Charged In Shooting Death Of Teen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isha's Pa Pa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He's not being punished for doing his job. He's being prosecuted for shooting an unarmed kid in the back for running from a traffic violation.

This unarmed kid pointed a gun at the officer pulled the trigger and it jammed and was disarmed then a chase
so if it would have fired then where would we be some turd shot a cop ! I'm guessing some of you would think
different then !

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This unarmed kid pointed a gun at the officer pulled the trigger and it jammed and was disarmed then a chase
so if it would have fired then where would we be some turd shot a cop ! I'm guessing some of you would think
different then !

It doesn't matter here the events leading up to the incident only the last 20 seconds. Officer saw him reaching in his pants while running, truck driver saw him trying to keep his pants up while running. I guess it depends on how you look at it. We could all see the same thing and have different version's. I know what I would think he was reaching for if I just wrestled a gun away from said "victim". I could see where this case could make a officer hesitate and get smoked.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
he's baaack!

Former Del City police Capt. Randy Trent Harrison is seeking a new trial, alleging jury misconduct during deliberations on his first-degree manslaughter conviction.
Harrison, 48, was to be formally sentenced on Wednesday, but the court date was pushed back to Feb. 5 because the pre-sentencing investigation has not been completed, defense attorney Doug Friesen said.

Harrison was convicted by an Oklahoma County jury Nov. 26. He fatally shot 18-year-old Dane Scott Jr. following a police pursuit and scuffle on SE 15 near Interstate 35 in Oklahoma City March 14, 2012. Scott had been disarmed of a handgun before being killed by Harrison.

A television station reported online and during a broadcast that the jury was deadlocked 10-2 toward a guilty verdict during deliberation, according to a motion filed in Oklahoma County District Court last week.

“No one, including the judge, is supposed to be aware of the view of jurors during deliberations,” the motion states.

Prosecutors contend that there is neither proof nor witnesses to validate this claim.

“The news report the Defendant refers to names no sources and does not infer how the information was obtained,” prosecutor Gayland Gieger wrote in the state's response.

“Most of what the report contains could have easily been learned by being present in open Court,” he wrote.

Motion's allegations

District Judge Donald Deason also excused a juror who reportedly refused to cast another vote for guilt or innocence while deliberations were stalled at a 10-1 vote. The judge excused her for failing to follow her oath as a juror.

The judge replaced her with an alternate juror who had been sent home the previous night but told to remain on call. A guilty verdict was returned later that day.

The defense objected to the removal of the juror because she had participated in prior votes, and the judge refused to instruct the jury to begin deliberations anew after the substitution.

http://newsok.com/former-del-city-police-officer-seeks-new-trial-after-his-manslaughter-conviction/article/3922414

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i1285.photobucket.com_albums_a589_caojyn_49926F9F_9277_41F7_8680_34563B89FBDA_zpsmy5hgo81.jpg

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It doesn't matter here the events leading up to the incident only the last 20 seconds. Officer saw him reaching in his pants while running, truck driver saw him trying to keep his pants up while running. I guess it depends on how you look at it. We could all see the same thing and have different version's. I know what I would think he was reaching for if I just wrestled a gun away from said "victim". I could see where this case could make a officer hesitate and get smoked.

I'm guessing the opinions and testimony of the other officers carried more weight than the truck drivers', I'm also thinking the court obviously took more into account than the last 20 seconds of the incident or the testimony about Harrison's prior “unusual fixation" regarding Scott wouldn't have been allowed.

According to a police affidavit, Scott was unarmed and posed no threat of death or great bodily harm at the time of the shooting.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...254_story.html

During the trial, several eyewitnesses and some Del City police officers, who witnessed Scott running away, said they did not see Scott as a deadly threat.

http://kfor.com/2013/11/26/juror-rep...-manslaughter/

The first Del City officer to arrive on scene after Harrison also took the stand.

That officer tased Dane Scott at the exact moment Harrison fired the fatal shot.

The officer said he used his taser and not his gun because he didn’t see Scott as a deadly threat.

http://kfor.com/2013/11/20/new-witne...d-killed-teen/

Two witnesses claim Captain Randy Harrison had an unusual fixation on the 18-year-old victim.

Prosecutors said Harrison crossed the line and let a personal grudge interfere with his professional training.

The first testimony came not just from a friend of the victim, but also from a long time member a Del City police department...

Prosecutors even showed the jury an email, sent by Harrison and naming Scott specifically, as someone the entire department should focus on arresting.

Del City police Lt. Bradley Rule then testified that Harrison had an “unusual” fixation on Scott.

http://kfor.com/2013/11/19/opening-a...del-city-teen/

Latest posts

Top Bottom