1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Do your big-box stores treat you like a baby?

Discussion in 'Shooting Chat' started by AlongCameJones, Jun 10, 2021 at 9:57 AM.

1. AlongCameJones

AlongCameJones Marksman

America the Land of the Scared of Their Own Shadow

We live in a corporate coward culture. Lawyers and doctors get this kind of indoctrination in our anti-gun commie-lib colleges and universities. Yes, fear of sue-happy people.

Seadog likes this.
  2. Shadowrider

Shadowrider Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Hilarious! And sad at the same time...:nono2:

3. MacFromOK

MacFromOK Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Sadly, we now live in a highly litigious society. When I was a kid, a lawsuit involving your average Joe was practically a newsworthy event. :anyone:

Seadog likes this.
  4. Snattlerake

Snattlerake Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Oh I did. It was their policy and that was that.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021 at 3:42 PM
  5. Rez Exelon

Rez Exelon Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I disagree to some extent. There's a lot of companies that do really really janky horrible stuff and then use policies and lawyers to get away with it. There are also companies that vilify people with actual real complaints to push the narrative that they're under attack. Like the McDonalds case that always gets held up. That lady suffered some horrific third degree burns, McDonalds had a history of claims against them that they never fixed preceding that, and it never would have gone to court but McDonalds denied her initial request which was medical only. The judge/jury threw everything her way.

Point is, she wasn't trying to get rich or file anything insane but years later gets held up like some kind of criminal that was scheming against the poor little defenseless multi billion dollar multinational. I tend to think there's a lot of lawsuits that are perfectly justified but the companies and PR firms on the other side do what they did the in McDonalds case --- wage a PR war against the individual.

6. Snattlerake

Snattlerake Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Wonder what would have happened if you had left that gun in the car and took out another one completely loaded in full view of him and returned to the store?

Shadowrider likes this.
  7. SoonerP226

SoonerP226 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Having seen this crap from the other side, that'd be my guess. People like to blame lawyers (then again, who doesn't?), but a lot of it is coming from insurance carriers.

MacFromOK likes this.
  8. Glocktogo

Glocktogo Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    At that point I’d have been tempted to shove the gun in the holster with the lock attached, real hard. Then yank it back out, say “This holster doesn’t fit my gun” and hand it back to them. :D

9. DavidMcMillan

DavidMcMillan Enjoy your life!

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Same experience at the Norman Atwood’s last year. I asked why, and the manager told me it was an ATF requirement. I tried real hard to not laugh at him.

MacFromOK likes this.
  10. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    So you became another 2A auditor?
    I don’t like that policy either but it’s their business and their rules. Why blatantly challenge them? The employee was just following work place rules their employer requires them to follow to keep their jobs that may be supporting a family.
    I don’t get it?