Doctor question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing urgent, but just curious if anybody has experienced this before. Recently, my wife got a call from her dads neurologist requesting her to come to his next appointment. He had failed a memory test and was scheduled for another one on a later date.

Anyway, just curious as to why they would want her to come to the next one.

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing urgent, but just curious if anybody has experienced this before. Recently, my wife got a call from her dads neurologist requesting her to come to his next appointment. He had failed a memory test and was scheduled for another one on a later date.

Anyway, just curious as to why they would want her to come to the next one.

If your Father in law is having memory issues the Doc probably wants next of kin with him when he gives his diagnosis.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, my sis-in-law has a way of deceiving the Doctors and not telling them what they need to know in order to adequately treat her. It is good to be with your parent/s at times like this. As a matter of fact, my own mother had cancer and decided to stop taking Tomixifin which is a medication used to suppress cancerous cells and as a result she died earlier that she would have. I believe that not taking medications as prescribed which prolong one's life is a form of self-suicide. Maybe I'm wrong but if one knows that a certain medication is needed to continue life and they opt on their own to not take that medication....

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, my sis-in-law has a way of deceiving the Doctors and not telling them what they need to know in order to adequately treat her. It is good to be with your parent/s at times like this. As a matter of fact, my own mother had cancer and decided to stop taking Tomixifin which is a medication used to suppress cancerous cells and as a result she died earlier that she would have. I believe that not taking medications as prescribed which prolong one's life is a form of self-suicide. Maybe I'm wrong but if one knows that a certain medication is needed to continue life and they opt on their own to not take that medication....
I obviously don't know the details nor do I profess to be an expert but sometime people choose quality of life over quantity of life. My own mother chose no treatment when she was diagnosed and although I didn't like the choice, I did understand and respect it. Still miss her everyday.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I obviously don't know the details nor do I profess to be an expert but sometime people choose quality of life over quantity of life. My own mother chose no treatment when she was diagnosed and although I didn't like the choice, I did understand and respect it. Still miss her everyday.

Agreed... I recently diagnosed a growing cancer in a lady who then decided not to treat it. I told her several times, until we do biopsies and learn more about it, we don't know, it could be curable, or could be treated with milder palliative treatments that could drastically prolong her life.

She declined. As long as she is in her right mind, I feel that is her choice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom