"Functional" Doctor ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
She has lots of advice on her YT channel (if you get diagnosed).

To be honest I'm less interested in convincing any doctor, who is smarter than me anyway, that I've got a problem and more interested in figuring out how to fix it on my own.

This functional doctor is REALLY pressing me to let him adjust my cervical spine. Every single solitary time anyone has even looked sideways at my neck and head they have set off MASSIVE headaches that are worse than usual for MONTHS. I'm not willing to risk it. If he keeps it up I'll just walk away from him too. Nobody is gonna tell me I don't know what's going on with my own body any more.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok enough of you guys posted and PM'd me about your loved ones having some of the same fatigue and autoimmune issues that I'm having that I thought I'd post my experience and advice from this doctor ... If you guys are like me you never stop reading and looking for answers even if the mainstream medical community basically writes you off ...

So ... Without further adieu (is that right?? Or is it adoooo ... Or Ah-doo??) Hell I dunno. I'm an Okie ... Lol

Day 1:

He had me do several pages of questionnaires and take my temp every morning before I got out of bed for a week before I went in today. (I'll look and see what that test was called and how to read the results, and edit my post to include that later).

According to that test, my thyroid is not functioning as it should (hypothyroidism), even though the T3 and T4 tests that traditional doctors run say it is functioning within normal limits, though at the very low end of normal.

Although I have complained to EVERY doctor I've seen for almost a year that I am having pain in my upper right quadrant that is very similar to gallbladder pain (I have no gallbladder) no one has ever checked my blood glucose levels -- I most likely had a "mild" case of pancreatitis as my blood glucose today was high (I was fasting so ... 🤷)

My zinc levels were normal. He was shocked. Lol

He did some kind of pH testing that showed I am "very acidic" and need to eat a certain way to bring my pH levels down a bit. I dunno ... I need to do some more research, that's not my understanding of how pH levels in the body work but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for right now.

He did some other tests that I'm not sure I get right now so we'll talk about those after my next appointment Monday.

It was truly a lot to take in but first things first, he gave me homework. And so I have downloaded Hashimoto's Protocol by Izabella Wertz and started reading it.

All in all I didn't hear any witchcrafty hocus pocus that "real" medical professionals -- i.e. traditionally trained western -- warn you about when they hear "functional" and "doctor" used together, so he gets a cautiously optimistic rating from me for the time being ...

Now let me go find the name of that temp test for y'all ...
Have you ever had mono? Have you been tested for EBV titers? Look into monolaurin and AHCC...I think many of the mystery illnesses are from the resurgence of common chronic viral infections at a sub-clinical level that cause a whole array of symptoms with fatigue being #1 on that list. Eat as close to the Mediterranean diet as you can, exercise but not too hard, and look at those supps along with curcumin and maybe anything that feeds the mitochondria like Ubiquinol, PQQ...good luck, I am not a doctor, do your own research.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To be honest I'm less interested in convincing any doctor, who is smarter than me anyway, that I've got a problem and more interested in figuring out how to fix it on my own.

This functional doctor is REALLY pressing me to let him adjust my cervical spine. Every single solitary time anyone has even looked sideways at my neck and head they have set off MASSIVE headaches that are worse than usual for MONTHS. I'm not willing to risk it. If he keeps it up I'll just walk away from him too. Nobody is gonna tell me I don't know what's going on with my own body any more.

Well then listen to nurse Neisha and maybe you'll find some info that you can use (especially diet). It has worked wonders for her.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you ever had mono? Have you been tested for EBV titers? Look into monolaurin and AHCC...I think many of the mystery illnesses are from the resurgence of common chronic viral infections at a sub-clinical level that cause a whole array of symptoms with fatigue being #1 on that list. Eat as close to the Mediterranean diet as you can, exercise but not too hard, and look at those supps along with curcumin and maybe anything that feeds the mitochondria like Ubiquinol, PQQ...good luck, I am not a doctor, do your own research.

Yep, I have. And I've let people talk me into thinking it was "just stress" and/or "normal and will pass" long enough. I'll get it figured out but it wouldn't surprise me at all if I didn't have a combination of things working against me -- I'm in the middle of a pretty severe elimination diet right now. And I've weaned myself off all the meds I was on (you'd **** if you knew how many Rxs they've stacked up on me over the years) except for 3. And I tried to quit those, too, but the injuries from that tree falling on me are just too much to deal with if I want to be able to get out of bed in the morning. I haven't started any supplementation yet. I'll get it figured out and add them in slowly though so I can access how they help HONESTLY and knock out the ones that don't help me.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All neck pain stopped when the 4 metal plates went in neck. Get a MRI. Had one today on my back, metal rods going in it next. I feel for ya in neck and back pain, it’s the shits!

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, I have. And I've let people talk me into thinking it was "just stress" and/or "normal and will pass" long enough. I'll get it figured out but it wouldn't surprise me at all if I didn't have a combination of things working against me -- I'm in the middle of a pretty severe elimination diet right now. And I've weaned myself off all the meds I was on (you'd **** if you knew how many Rxs they've stacked up on me over the years) except for 3. And I tried to quit those, too, but the injuries from that tree falling on me are just too much to deal with if I want to be able to get out of bed in the morning. I haven't started any supplementation yet. I'll get it figured out and add them in slowly though so I can access how they help HONESTLY and knock out the ones that don't help me.
I can tell you from experience, whether it is the cause or opportunistic, EBV seems to be involved in 99% of these types of situations (obviously not the tree damage but trauma can affect immunity). Fixing diet and all that is great, but they will put you through years of time and money with all the tests and various "functional" methods, but if you can just knock down the virus that is making you sick, you will feel much better. I've tried about everything and I am speaking from experience...YMMV. Good luck.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

If it was me, I would be careful about cervical adjustments. I’ll never go to a chiropractor-seen too many vertebral artery dissections (post chiro neck adjustments) that it scares me.
Not to say that cervical surgery/treatments are not clinically indicated, as neurosurgeons can fix a lot of bad spines, but I’d be extremely careful & get multiple opinions, etc.
Good luck

Last edited:

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All neck pain stopped when the 4 metal plates went in neck. Get a MRI. Had one today on my back, metal rods going in it next. I feel for ya in neck and back pain, it’s the shits!

I've had so many MRIs I've lost track. And C4,5 and 6 are fused. They ain't fusing any more. I can barely turn my head from side to side as it is ...

Yep. I was actually doing okay until the neighbor's tree tried to kill me. 😝

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it was me, I would be careful about cervical adjustments. I’ll never go to a chiropractor-seen too many vertebral artery dissections (post chiro neck adjustments) that is scares me.
Not to say that cervical surgery/treatments are not clinically indicated, as neurosurgeons can fix a lot of bad spines, but I’d be extremely careful with multiple opinions, etc.
Good luck

This is one time we agree. Nobody's adjusting my neck or back for that matter. With all those fractures ... And the bulging I have going on at the fracture sites all up and down my spine now they'll be lucky if I let them look at the MRIs ... Lol But they ain't "popping" nothing ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom