Does anyone else on the board not like 1911's?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amadera

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has been so far after 2250 rounds.

I know this is obviously an emotional issue for allot of folks. I'll simply say that I had two Ruger Vaquero's that I purchased new and put aprox. 10,000 rounds through before they broke on consecutive weeks.
Needless to say, they were 100% reliable until they broke.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I looks like Nighthawk still offers it:

http://www.nighthawkcustom.com/detail.aspx?ID=12

Heaven forbid I say I think we may actually be getting off-topic, if that's possible in this thread!

I guess I'll just ask: Is this thing worth 5 Glocks? Or 4 Norincos?

Just got an email back from one of my contacts at NHC and confirmed that the 10-8 was replaced with the GRP a while back.... not sure how you found the webpage though.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is always a point of failure. ALWAYS. So my question still stands,... how much over a $500 gun should that be to warrant $2050?

Theoretically, you are paying $1500 for higher quality parts and the time for someone knowlegable to assemble them to a higher standard than mil-spec.

How much are guys spending to customize/refine a Glock?

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is always a point of failure. ALWAYS. So my question still stands,... how much over a $500 gun should that be to warrant $2050?

True, but that $2050 affords a much higher quality, craftsmanship, service, accuracy... and piece of mind.

Plus, a $2000 pistol from a custom smith is generally worth at least $1800 after many, many thousands of rounds... resale is very nice on them.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Another thing... with a custom gun... you can get just that... custom.

Take the wildest idea you have for a pistol that is still safe and reliable and a custom smith (Dr. Greyson, Mike) or shop (NHC) can do it. Norinco won't do that... neither will many shops that tout being "custom"... but I know that the three I listed will.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
True, but that $2050 affords a much higher quality, craftsmanship, service, accuracy... and piece of mind.

Here again, for arguments sake. Keep in mind, I like 1911s more than Glocks (I just prefer to carry a glock).

I have piece of mind w/ my Glocks. I have accuracy w/ my glocks. So, unless its subjective, what is the quantative value add in "quality" and craftsmanship for $2050.

Also, I already know the answer for me, so this is half rhetorical and half wondering your opinion.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here again, for arguments sake. Keep in mind, I like 1911s more than Glocks (I just prefer to carry a glock).

I have piece of mind w/ my Glocks. I have accuracy w/ my glocks. So, unless its subjective, what is the quantative value add in "quality" and craftsmanship for $2050.

Also, I already know the answer for me, so this is half rhetorical and half wondering your opinion.

Match grade accuracy, combat reliability, and a pistol that should out live me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom