Does anyone else on the board not like 1911's?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the 1911 a lot better than I will ever like my Glock! I like the wood and metal. Also my old Makarov better than Glock.:slap: Old school I guess.

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the 1911 is probably the single most customized (and customizable) gun in existence anywhere.

slim grips, contoured grips, arched mainspring, flat mainspring, differing beavertails, grip reductions, bobtails; slim grips on bobtails, short triggers, long triggers, full-size and chopped verions.

not ONE of these configurations fits your hand??

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the 1911 is probably the single most customized (and customizable) gun in existence anywhere.

slim grips, contoured grips, arched mainspring, flat mainspring, differing beavertails, grip reductions, bobtails; slim grips on bobtails, short triggers, long triggers, full-size and chopped verions.

not ONE of these configurations fits your hand??

I'll admit I haven't tried every single configuration, but have shot several each with different types of after market grips(don't ask which ones b/c I couldnt for the life of me remember). I am not bashing the 1911 or anything, just saying I have handled several and found none remotely comfortable or enjoyable, maybe one day I'll find one to change my mind...

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It could also be the grip you're using. Any pistol will be uncomfortable if you don't grip it correctly. I'm not trying to talk you into giving it another chance or anything, to each his own. Personally, I couldn't care less about glocks. That doesn't make them bad or anything, just not for me.

And oh yeah:
Ban Him
:)

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

All those things are why I don't own one- too complicated, too expensive, too heavy, limited capacity.

Don't get me wrong... I think they are hella cool and very artful, but a $400 polymer doublestack at half the weight is more my style.

Latest posts

Top Bottom