Does this happen to others or just me?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackdog

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you buy the whole assembly or get them rebuilt? It is a known issue that some shops don't reuse a clip from the old strut/shock to the new one causing the shaft to punch through the upper bushings. If this isn't the case then disregard. A lot of info on club frontier dot org.:thumbup3:
View attachment 503937
I think it was either the boot spacer or boot cover washer that is often not replaced.
Still sux either way. Hope it's not too costly of a repair!
Thanks, I rebuilt them myself and used the factory washer like the instructions said on the 5100s. I ll take a look at that site

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Years ago we had 15 -1/2 ton chevys that ran hundreds of miles of rough non paved roads every day checking pressures on well heads all over Texas and Oklahoma. The only way they lasted was we had to beef up with 1/4 steel plate the front and rear suspension parts, the rear shock heads and mounts. And every 6 months rebuild and shocks. I will say when we started running Bilstein Shocks they would last a whole year or better, others 6-7 months.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom