Dog attack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kopet sorry for your loss, but coming from a "pit" owner..... it's the owner..... not the breed. A number of large breeds can and will be aggressive if mistreated or raised improperly.

+10000 99.99999999% of it is the owner. Properly raised, cared for and trained a pit is no more prone to attack than any other breed, and I'm not a Pit fan. But many a dog (of all breeds) have been put down for the lack of a responsible owner.

Lithiumokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's also been known in some cases that the media has changed the breed of a dog in the story (from a dalmation, chow, cocker spaniel, etc) to a pit bull because it gets more attention that way. Good for media, bad for the breed.

What people also don't hear about are all the good thing pit bulls are used for. Therapy, search and rescue, physical assistance, and despite the media's best efforts, loyal and loving family companions. Pit bulls are the equivalent to guns in the media's eye.

Back on track, I give my best wishes to the OP, his wife, any kids you two may have, the recovering pup, and getting out of this situation with the best results possible.

YES.... This... Its about time, you beat me too it.

Sorry to hear that man, I had to pry the jaws of a pitty that broke through the next door guys glass door open to get out our.. well my wifes "rat dog" out of his mouth. He was gone before I got him to the house. But at any rate, I bout got put in chains when I confronted the owner.. Its his damn fault, learn how to train your dog.

I have had many Pittys and currently have 2 PB Germans and not once have any of them do anything to anyone that didnt come by that was on the up and up.

Good luck with him

Keelty

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am really sorry for your loss. Our pets are our family and you lost a family member and have another one in the hospital.

Prayers sent for you and your wife and for a quick recovery.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go after the home owner's insurance. It doesn't matter if it's not the dog owner's home. If that's where he ws staying, it's the home owner's liability.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife walks with pepper spray for this reason. I don't know what it's like to get hit in the face with it but I test fired it and it left some residue around the nozzle so I touched a tiny dab on my finger and licked it and I thought my face was on fire. And I eat hot peppers and tabasco on everything.
That stuff is evil hot!

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife walks with pepper spray for this reason. I don't know what it's like to get hit in the face with it but I test fired it and it left some residue around the nozzle so I touched a tiny dab on my finger and licked it and I thought my face was on fire. And I eat hot peppers and tabasco on everything.
That stuff is evil hot!

It's not always effective on an aggressive dog.

chubbs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That stuff is evil hot!

Pepper Spray is not too bad. The bad stuff is OC, that crap is horrible, we had to get sprayed in order to carry it. And you never get used to it, if we spray someone outside, it gets all of us as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom