Dog attack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rustytweezers

Wall building Ammunition hoarding Gun packing Okie
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bro i feel for your loss of a family member, pitbulls that are chained up or raised to hate people or anything that walks and thats pretty much 85% of them or more are basicly attacks waiting for the oppertunity to happen. I am a gas pipeline suveyor in Oklahoma, based out of Tulsa. that has to walk every gas line on my maps and that is about 70% backyards and just last week a b@^$tch blatenly let her pitbull a very aggressive pit i might say out the back door on me after seeing my neon yellow utility type contractor shirt, goes and lets him out and shuts door, what a jerk! if it hadn't went 10ft to the other side of the yard i was deadmeat dogbait, i slammed the gate behind me and he knocked two privacy fence boards off hitting the gate behind me, i was livid! Animal control said that if he'd have bitten me that is a felony for letting him loose on me and they also will put the dog down on site sameday! kinda surprised me usually not in ones favor as your horrible incident I'm very sorry for your loss and hope they hang their balls from a tree for not being responsible dog owners!! TOTAL B.S! I Will say a prayer tonight for your loss and hope others will pray for your loss! GODSPEED little bichon! Lord please take care of the little guy!

Last edited:

Rustytweezers

Wall building Ammunition hoarding Gun packing Okie
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
+10000 99.99999999% of it is the owner. Properly raised, cared for and trained a pit is no more prone to attack than any other breed, and I'm not a Pit fan. But many a dog (of all breeds) have been put down for the lack of a responsible owner.
sorry to butt in here but i deal with dogs of all types everyday but Sunday 60hrs a week for heath a gas pipeline leak detection surveyor, and am in backyards 6 days a week and the only dogs that can truly be raised with little effort to be viscous are pitbulls/rotts/and some of inside dogs poodles included but I've in 5 yrs of dealing with them daily have had more viscous pitbulls after me loose or in backyards than ANY other types of dogs! yes the way their kept/raised &treated does have alot to do with it but it's very easy for these waste of life pitbulls! i cannot stand them! but you are right about how they are raised being an issue! If the home owner says they're friendly and won't bite! DO NOT TURN YOUR BACK! and yes i used to own several and they are not to be trusted! sorry for going off topic but i speak from my everyday experience and hope it helps somebody from being bit!

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread has evolved into a good-dog, bad-dog thread so you may as well close it now before someone gets it closed with their attitude.

I agree. Try the link I sent you about the vet bill, it may help. As far as the good dog, bad dog. I have seen a couple of comments that make about as much sense as saying a gun owner is a murder waiting to happen. Its sad.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man I am sorry to hear about that.... at least your wife wasn't physically harmed. I would probably be just as mad as you are right now with nothing you can really do about it.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am so sorry to hear this. My condolences.

Several years ago one of our Bostons was attacked by a backside neighbors 2 pits when my lil dog dug under the fence just wanting to play with the 2 big dogs. I cradled him in my arms at the Vet office as he took his last breath. It was my fault not having a better enclosure, not his or the neighbors pits. They had an electric fence inside their fence and their dogs on chains in their yards. Our lil guy dug under our chain link fence and then went under the electric fence to get to the dogs. After that incident the next day I spent alot of money on double fencing- chain link on the inside with about half a foot of it underground and 6' cedar privacy fencing surrounding the chain link and then we installed railroad ties all around, and we have a football field sized back yard.

About pits and other 'dangerous' dogs. Its not the breed, its the training. Dont hate on a breed because of an owners ignorance and irresponsibility. My brother has raised rednose pits for many years so I know a bit about them. Most of his have been total babies. One he has now is about 75lbs and jumps up on me when I come by for a visit to give me kisses like he's 35 lbs- hes just a complete baby. I also have had them in the past as well as Rotts, GSDs, Chows, and even a 3/4 Wolf-Malamute mix. Im past wanting or needing a big dog these days. We now have one little 35lb Boston and my kids have 2 Beagles. The Boston is my lil buddy as was the one that got killed. And they are family. I know the heartache when you lose one, its like a family member.

Again, sorry for your loss.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree. Try the link I sent you about the vet bill, it may help.

Thanks for that link, but $700 won't make or break me and I would hate to possibly take away any money away from someone else who might really need it more than me. I will approach the dog owner and home owner and see what they will agree to do and if they will give me their insurance company name and phone number. Everyone seems to think the homeowner's insurance is the way to go.

And thanks to all for the well wishes.

amorak

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
need to chime in on this one, i rescue wolves and wolfdogs, i walk them all the time and have 40 plus years experience in such, have found that pepper spray does not work, i always carry a 22 and sometime a 38 also, depending on where going,
if possible, blow off the 22 if you see the dog coming, the noise 99% of the time stops the dog and will not endanger anyone nearby, i have the rat shot type of ammo in the 22.
also carry a knife for a last resort.
I also carry a loud whistle, this is actually the first line of defense, and this does work most of the time.

As it is i will blow off about a dozen rounds a year or so of the 22 against other dogs coming in on mine, i do this to save there life, as mine will kill most other agressive dogs in an instant.
terrible thing to lose your friend this way..
Bill

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only thing a Pitt BullDog is good for, is Target Practice.

Yeah, that's just ignorant.

I couldn't imagine losing one of my dogs in this manner. Being in a gun forum, I'm surprised at the amount of displaced blame coming from individuals here. If someone was blaming a firearm in a shooting then everyone here would go apeshyt. Large breed ownership has a great amount of responsibility, not due to inherent agression, but due to ability. Lots of small dogs have aggression problems from my experience, it's just that nobody cares because they can't do any real damage. Either way, the ********* that owned this dog is the one that needs to be held accountable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom