Dog Diagnosed with Cancer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We've had good experiences with our vet, Jeremy Cramer, DVM, his pet hospital and staff. It is Lakeview Pet Hospital on North Meridian, just south of NW Highway.

Our dog Virgil had a sarcoma and Doc Cramer helped Virgil have 3 more years of a good life before the aggressive sarcoma became inoperable. Virgil was 12 and is sorely missed.
Virgil's Epilogue 013.JPG

Woody

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our golden had cancer in the shoulder, vet suggested we go to OSU which we did. $1200 later same day they said only solution was to amputate front leg. I asked how much longer that would give her and they said she might make another 3-4 months after amputation. We decided not to, took her home and spoiled her for the next 2 months before we let her go. Real hard on us. She was 12

Prayers for your family and your dog.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our golden had cancer in the shoulder, vet suggested we go to OSU which we did. $1200 later same day they said only solution was to amputate front leg. I asked how much longer that would give her and they said she might make another 3-4 months after amputation. We decided not to, took her home and spoiled her for the next 2 months before we let her go. Real hard on us. She was 12

This is basically what happened to one of my dogs, only it was a rear leg and the tumor caused his leg to break. I let him go the same day :(

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good vet that has experience with cancer in dogs in the OKC area?

Our 6 year old Bassett hound was just diagnosed with it. Still trying to find out more info about it, and our vet is good, but so far it doesn't look good so I just want another opinion.

Thanks guys

View attachment 206616

I am so sorry man! I’ll keep you and your pup in my prayers.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

This is the boat I'm in, although ours has made it longer. They said I could do an amputation but it will still spread, thus not having much effect other than compromising the quality of life.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would give Neels vet hospital off 23rd and macaurthur a call. they're pricey, but their service is fantastic, they truly care about the dogs, and they have a pretty advanced surgical suite and everything. I have used them for multiple animals, and also worked with them for a few years when I worked as a animal welfare officer. They're great.

Latest posts

Top Bottom