Dogs and Black Friday Sales...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do any of ya’ll feed Iams?

We fed our old dog Blue Diamond but we just switched over to Iams on our new dog.

Not saying ones better than the other just asking if anyone feed it and if your dogs do good on it.

leo78lion

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking of Victor....they have a recall. Just threw out a 100lbs of it.
Luckily none of the food we had was part of the recall. Store couldn't tell when they may get another batch so we decided to change to Diamond Naturals. My dogs think it's Crack. I even go near the bag and they lose their minds!

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They had a recall on it. Hope to find it on shelfs again by end of next week.
Lady at Hollywood Feed in Moore said Victor shut down their plant. My dog will eat anything we put in front of him. Now whether or not it agrees with him is another discussion.

We're trying Diamond Naturals chicken and rice at their recommendation.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My best Black Friday deal was dog food at Petco. Taste of the Wild is usually about $58 per bag and the canned food is about $21 for a case of 12 cans. Order total was $164.

But... After the Black Friday sale discounts I got two bags of kibble and two cases of canned food, shipped to the front door, for $108. My dogs eat better than I do.

I could only use the discount on two of each...otherwise I would've taken out a small loan to buy a couple years worth at those prices. Best prices in 2 or 3 years.

Am I the only one who gets excited over dog food sales?
I fed my corgis the same thing. I use to have one that I had to get the small bag because she would stop eating if you didn't change her food flavor every few weeks.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do any of ya’ll feed Iams?

We fed our old dog Blue Diamond but we just switched over to Iams on our new dog.

Not saying ones better than the other just asking if anyone feed it and if your dogs do good on it.

Son got an English Bulldog puppy. The B he WAS married to, insisted on Iams.
Seemed like it was 50# in and 80# out. Yard was a mess.

We dog sat for a while. Our dogs didn't like it. They had digestive problems everytime they ate it.

I get the High Protein Retreiver from Tractor Supply. They love it, digest well, yard doesn't look like a brontosaurus came through. The regular Retreiver and the Retreiver with bits (yellow bag) they don't like.

Last edited:

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Speaking of Victor....they have a recall. Just threw out a 100lbs of it.
We feed, or at least did feed, Victor at my wife’s rescue. We are sitting on 80 bags that have been recalled. Amazon won’t refund it and the manufacturer won’t work with us to replace it. We have no choice except to continue to feed it and use precautions to try not to be exposed. It’s a little too late on that score, we are pretty sure both my wife and I have had salmonella recently.

Latest posts

Top Bottom