Dogs and Black Friday Sales...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My best Black Friday deal was dog food at Petco. Taste of the Wild is usually about $58 per bag and the canned food is about $21 for a case of 12 cans. Order total was $164.

But... After the Black Friday sale discounts I got two bags of kibble and two cases of canned food, shipped to the front door, for $108. My dogs eat better than I do.

I could only use the discount on two of each...otherwise I would've taken out a small loan to buy a couple years worth at those prices. Best prices in 2 or 3 years.

Am I the only one who gets excited over dog food sales?

What were the discounts? I went online and it was $10. I was gonna order 3-4 bags if that's the case lol.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got my dog's prescription food at 50% off from Chewy on a first time auto order.

Hope she likes this dry variety as the vet just changed it up and she doesn't like the canned version. I have 10 cans of some she won't eat. Science Diet will refund you if your dog doesn't eat it. Now, I just have to figure out how to do that through Chewy as I normally buy it through her vet. I have the pickiest dog that has ever walked the planet.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I’m gonna have to go do some searching, both the boys need resupplied anyways. I def get excited when dog food is on sale. We go through 100lbs plus or minus a some each month with these two. Clyde gets Victor, Frank gets Hills Science Diet. Both used to get purina pro plan, but thankfully, neither reacted well to it. Bad ear buildups and mild digestive issues.

IMG_0332.jpeg

Speaking of Victor....they have a recall. Just threw out a 100lbs of it.
Details on said recall?
Mine would starve herself to the point you were worried she was sick and offered her steak
Our geriatric weenie dog will do the same. She has tricked me not once, but twice to make her chicken breasts for several days on end. She’s recently been having issues possibly due to age, and has been upgraded to a 50/50 diet of soft food and regular food.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My dog gets Authority with chicken broth added, or he won't eat period. He has a sensitive tummy and will just guard his food otherwise. He acts like it's reflux, but acid blockers haven't helped much.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I’m gonna have to go do some searching, both the boys need resupplied anyways. I def get excited when dog food is on sale. We go through 100lbs plus or minus a some each month with these two. Clyde gets Victor, Frank gets Hills Science Diet. Both used to get purina pro plan, but thankfully, neither reacted well to it. Bad ear buildups and mild digestive issues.

View attachment 431285

Details on said recall?

Our geriatric weenie dog will do the same. She has tricked me not once, but twice to make her chicken breasts for several days on end. She’s recently been having issues possibly due to age, and has been upgraded to a 50/50 diet of soft food and regular food.
Salmonella....wash everything with bleach and water solution.

Latest posts

Top Bottom