Dogs and Ponds!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The boy loves to swim! We went for a walk early this morning as we do most days. Had not been in a few days, sore back waiting on surgery. He kept bugging me this morning to go so he won! LOL! He likes one of the ponds way more than the others, cannot figure that out. I toss whatever item he brings me, will toss it in one of the other ponds knowing that he will swim in get it and haul ass to his favorite pond!

IMG_4873.jpegIMG_4869.jpegIMG_4868.jpegIMG_4867.jpeg

Last edited:

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like he had a blast! I have a nice small water feature in my backyard where water comes out the top of a boulder, down into a shallow depression, and off the sides into a gravel pit. Unfortunately, I had to turn it off because my gf’s Aussie shepherds would lie in the depression to cool off, then they would lie in the dirt before coming into the house. After coming home several times to mud all over the kitchen and living room floors, no more water feature.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
My Labs have all loved water. Most of the time it wasn't and issue but sometimes in late Summer the pond water would be a little less that sweet and fresh so the Mrs. would make me give them a bath before they cold come back in the house. Several years ago I had my last yellow lab down at the pond with one of the grandsons and we had been throwing a tennis ball into the pond for the dog to retrieve. It was going great till the grandson chucked a big ole rock in and the dog went hunting for the rock. I thought I was going to have to go in after her. 😆

Latest posts

Top Bottom