Sometimes I hate dogs...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My yorkie just turned 13. She had a close call with pancreatitis about a year ago, but she's doing well now on her prescription dog food. I know that day is coming and I'm really dreading it. Hope for another couple of years, but every day is a gift now.

IMG_0650.jpeg

Last edited:

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One thing I never knew (and nobody ever told me) was that as dogs grow older, if they are still intact, the greater chance for breast cancer and uterine cancer (there was a mass detected on mine) and infections. For God sakes man, get your female dog spayed or face the potential consequences. I wish I had been told earlier.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
in 2020 it started for us. We last my wife's little dog, old age, in June. Two months later to the day my 9yr old pit bull Honey died suddenly, we think heart attack. then a year later to the day Honey died we lost our Beagle, she was 13, old age for her too. All went at home, not in pain and for Annabelle and Rory they went peacefully in their sleep.

It was hard, we had issues after Honey went. Then the puppy hunt started within a few days. As much as my wife and I wanted to have another dog to love, our other big dog needed someone to cling to as well. So we got another little dog, and She was Happy again. then last January we got Thor, a pit mix from a rescue and it was like we found Holly's soul mate.

We dont have kids, we have fur babies and thats fine with us. We're sorry for the loss you have endured and wish you the best and hope you decide to give another pup the love that they deserve at some point.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sorry for the loss of your pup. I know it's devastating losing a friend like that.

As difficult as those days are I can't imagine living life without dogs in it. The price we pay for all the joy they give is the heartbreak we endure when they're gone. It sucks...but it's worth it. I love my dogs.

Isabella (Izzy) is my oldest and she's about 6 1/2. I'm already dreading the day her time comes. She's one of the most loyal dogs I've ever had. She just won't leave my side.

We've had our puppies in the house for about 4 or 5 weeks now. I feel 10 years younger just watching those little creatures.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. I have had to put several down with the number we foster. It never gets easier. I have probably buried a half a dozen in our back yard. That is one reason we went with small dogs this time. I am not up to digging a big hole anymore.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry for the loss. I’m hesitant to get another dog for the same reason.
What I have learned is you lose one that is a one of a kind but then you wind up with another that is also one of a kind. I have 4 right now and each is unique...wife and I like to play the "who would you take on deserted island..." game.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom