Sometimes I hate dogs...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't stop bawling. And I don't know why. Maybe it just guilt. I'm usually not that emotional. After all, it's just a freakin dog after all. WTF?
I've had dogs all my life and it's the same way for me when they pass, but I'm especially dreading the day when it comes time to say goodbye to the male GSD I have now. Out of all the dogs I've had in my life the bond/relationship between Donar (pronounced DON-ER) and I is the strongest of all. I don't know what it is, but Donar found a very special place in my heart and I have no doubt that losing him will be one of the toughest days I've ever dealt with.

1697364997120.png

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After tugging on your heartstrings for 12+ years and becoming a part of the family, they sometimes (ultimately) get sick. One day they seem normal and the next day they are deathly ill with a uterine infection, including blood sepsis. Too sick for surgery to remove the uterus and too sick to even make it through to the next morning. Death by sepsis is ugly and painful. There aren't very many options, one being euthanasia. This is the second time I've had to put a family pet down. I may not ever get another one. I don't know yet.

Damn it! It pisses me off to no end.

Sorry for the rant. I just had to vent a bit.

ETA: get your female dogs spayed when they are young. I don't really hate dogs.
Sorry for your loss. I feel your pain. I have put down several unfortunately.
There are more loving doggos out there however, and they need a human like you, who is loving, caring, and treat them as part of the family.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry for the loss. I’m hesitant to get another dog for the same reason.

I love dogs and had a good one when I was a boy and I would like another in my senior years but I'm afraid of getting one that has a low IQ or is mentally challenged. Basically, I want a smart dog and it's a gamble-sort of like picking out the perfect watermelon only a dog is for keeps. I know even as humans our days are numbered but a dog is innocent and we are not so much, they should outlive us.
Dogs are special people, a companion, a personal guard and confident. (You could add to this). they do not carry tails although they usually have one that hey wag when we call them... Darn, I miss my old dog, he was a good...no, he was the best friend I ever had.

Last edited:

RidgeRunner45-70

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m really sorry for your loss. I have had to put several of our dogs down over the years and I know it is really tough. Sometimes you have to be that dogs best friend and cut his/her suffering by doing what must be done. I have learned that those end of life decisions for our dogs and the resulting pain and loss we suffer is the price we pay for their lifetime of unquestioning love and companionship. They may not be here for all of our life, but we certainly are all of theirs. We grieve with you…

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh man ... My day is coming. 😭😭😭 Dawg is getting to be an old man. Yesterday he was sleeping so hard that he didn't wake up when I called him to go outside. I had to go over and give him a good shake to get him to come to and go play with me. For a second or two I was afraid he had passed in his sleep. I mean, he's not THAT old -- maybe 12, 13 🤷 -- but he's not that young either. Stranger things have happened around here.

For a goofy mutt with a Napoleonic Complex he has turned out to be one of my better masters. I've seen the signs enough times to know. I hope I'm wrong but this may be my last winter with the Old Man so he gets all the double chocolate Oreo cookies he wants. And I don't care if he licks my ears anymore. (I have NO idea what's up with that. Silly fella has always had an ear fetish ... 🤔)

I wish they didn't have to leave us so soon. 😭

Latest posts

Top Bottom