Donate to replace a War Vets Toys, and get a chance to win a free 22mag SA Revolver!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1577.00 cash (1420.00 spent on the replacement items, cash balance of 157.00)

Replacement items:
1 Pac Out Gun Hauler (replacement buggy)
1 Ruger Mini 30 Stainless with 2 / 20 round mags (replacement rifle)
1 Mitchell Black Lightning 22lr with 2 / 9 round mags, AR15 carry handle (replacement rifle)
1 S&W Sigma 9mm with 2 / 10 rnd mags (replacement pistol)
1 Beretta 92G Police Turn In with 2 / 15 round mags

Other Goodies!!
1 SKS Scoped Rifle
1 Mosin Nagant Rifle
1 Leather Range Bag
3 Year Membership to USSA for Mr Payne and his Wife
2 XDM gunsmith mats
1 Velcro side saddle (holds 7 shot shells)
1 Pro-Shot 8 piece stainless steel cleaning kit
1 - 2fl oz Hoppes Solvent
1 - 2fl oz Royal Purple Synthetic gun oil
1 Bob Allen soft rifle case
1 .30-30 MIGHTY PEN
1 box of Winchester 9MM rounds

We only need 243.00 cash donations folks. We can do this.

Last edited:

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a box of Winchester white box 9mm to add to the donation list, I'll drop it by tonight or tommorrow. That'll get him some ammo to start with and be loaded with protection at home as soon as he gets the items.

Do we know if he has a 12 gauge? If so, I can provide a couple of boxes of shells for it too.

OH and don't forget to add that .30-30 MIGHTY PEN to the goodies list too. :)

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a box of Winchester white box 9mm to add to the donation list, I'll drop it by tonight or tommorrow. That'll get him some ammo to start with and be loaded with protection at home as soon as he gets the items.

Do we know if he has a 12 gauge? If so, I can provide a couple of boxes of shells for it too.

OH and don't forget to add that .30-30 MIGHTY PEN to the goodies list too. :)

Fixed!!

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DANG!! well we did it!!!!!! Donations are now closed. If anyone has anything in the mail we will use it for ammo!!

Mike you can call me at 918-892-3052 to arrange us meeting up!!

Thanks man!!!

Thank you thread coming, then shortly after..... the drawing will be held.

Wow what a great job everyone!!!!!!

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I talked to Marshall, a Family member yesterday. It will be at least 8 more weeks before he is discharged. They are about to dig the round out of his shoulder that went through his head and out his neck. He is making progress, allthough it is slow. He will be getting eye surgery to try to correct the blindness he acquired during he cheek reconstruction.

He rigs the phone off the hook to his family, he is in good spirits!!!

hopefully i will have time to get the thank you thread going tonight!!

Thanks ALL!!

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OSA made Tulsa World Again.....
http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsext...ctid=25&articleid=20111215_29_B2_THESHO565951

blog

THE SHOOTING of Kenneth W. Payne, 73, who was apparently left for dead by attackers at the Fort Gibson Wildlife Management Area shooting range Thanksgiving morning, struck a chord with many people, but it especially touched those in the shooting community.

Patrick Williams of Broken Arrow National Guns, put out word on website shooting forums okshooters.com and okfirearms.com and donations have already nearly covered the cost of replacing the four firearms and the shooter's cart stolen by the gunmen, he said. "We've got just $243 to go and we're done. We'll shut it off," he said.

Williams put up a .22 Magnum pistol as a drawing prize for anyone who donated $10 or more. The goal was to replace Payne's four firearms: a Mitchell Black Lightning .22 Magnum rifle, two Smith and Wesson 9mm pistols and a Ruger 7.62 caliber Mini-30.

What came through was a lot more.

"We acquired enough for the firearms and we got a lot of extra odds and ends," Williams said.

The United States Shooting Academy in north Tulsa donated one of its top membership packages, a three-year membership for Payne and his wife to the facility, which is one of the top shooting range facilities in the country. Also, the board of directors for the private Oil Capital Rod and Gun Club in Broken Arrow voted this week to give Payne an honorary membership.

"We wanted to give him a nice safe place to come and shoot," said Oil Capital chairman Tony English. "It's terrible what happened to him."

It will be some time before Payne has a chance to shoot again, said his cousin Marshall Wilson Jr.

"He just had surgery again this morning," Wilson said Wednesday. "I know he's ready to come home, but he's got a lot more to go through. He'll be in the hospital probably eight more weeks."

Payne may lose the sight in his right eye, which is his dominant shooting eye, Wilson said. "We don't know about it for sure," he said. "He will probably have to have eye surgery after he gets out of the hospital."

Wilson and his father were the ones Payne called as he lay bleeding at the range, actually as he was being shot, Wilson said. "They shot him with their gun and he says then they loaded his stuff up and came back. He was trying to call my dad and had his cell phone in his hand when they came back and shot him some more. I assume they thought he was dead when they left because he still had the phone in his hand when he regained consciousness."

Wilson shares one thought that is on the lips of most who talk about the incident. "I just hope they catch those guys," he said. Descriptions of the guns with lists of the serial numbers and sketches of the attackers have been reported since the attack.

Wagoner County Sheriff's investigator Jake Kelley said tips continue to pour in on a daily basis and he has many leads to follow. "Every single day we're getting leads we're following and trying to get something going on this," he said.

Anyone with information regarding the case is requested to call the Wagoner County Sheriff's Department at 918-485-3124 or the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation at 800-522-8017.

To help out with donations, contact Williams at 918-892-3052.

Latest posts

Top Bottom