"Dousing" incidents - what do you think?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am seeing these incidents where people are coming up and "dousing" people with water, especially police officers... this is crazy stupid, if you ask me.

Personally, I think this should be charged as a crime, certainly as assault (& battery, probably, since there is physically contact with a substance) and I'm torn, but leaning towards some kind of terroristic threat charge or something. I mean, we live in a world where people have been known to throw acid in peoples' faces, and the whole intent of this activity to to startle and instill fear in the person being doused. How do you know you're not having acid or urine or some other disgusting and potentially infectious or harmful substance thrown on you?

Sumbitches are lucky they don't get shot, but either way, I really think they need to throw the book at some MFers and make an example. It's out of control.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here are the definitions I found...

• 'An assault is any willful and unlawful attempt or offer with force or violence to do a corporal hurt to another' (21 O.S. § 641).
  • 'A battery is any willful and unlawful use of force or violence upon the person of another' (21 O.S § 642).
I suppose you could try to argue that throwing water is not force, violence, and doesn't "hurt" another, but I doubt you'd get very far with that defense. I have heard you can be charged with armed robbery even if you have no weapon, if you say or imply you have a weapon. So my guess is even getting someone wet if they don't want to be wet constitutes "harm". Be interesting when the lawyers chime in.

https://www.oklahomalegalgroup.com/news/oklahoma-domestic-assault-laws

Came from this website, which says that just telling someone you are going to hurt them constitutes assault.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think that happen in NYC. Their Governor, want to be president, is the culprit of that attitude. A big POS if you ask me.
Actually it's the Mayor of NYC, Bill de Blasio, who's running to be the Democrat candidate. God help us if Governor Andrew "Soprano" Cuomo ran. BTW, I originally typed his last name as "deBlasio" and spell check wanted to change it to "delusional." Even my computer knows about him!

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just a matter of time.

https://www.nytimes.com/1984/06/20/nyregion/man-upset-by-bank-throws-acid-on-police-officers.html

A 70-year-old man who was upset because he thought a bank had given him worthless checks when he withdrew more than $98,000 in savings smashed windows in the bank yesterday and then threw sulfuric acid on police officers who tried to subdue him, the police said.

Seven officers were injured by the acid. Also injured were two bank employees and an Emergency Medical Service paramedic, who was burned when she came in contact with the acid while treating the officers.

The most seriously injured was Officer Joseph Revello of the Sixth Precinct. Physicians at St. Vincent's Hospital said he received severe acid burns to his right eye and face. They said further observation and examination was needed to determine whether his vision would be permanently damaged. The others were treated at the hospital and released.

Revello had to retire after he lost his eye.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are many documented instances of idiots throwing gas and other harmful toxic stuff on people. I would also be very concerned of human fluids. These people should have the book thrown at them. I don't care if its a shoe, water or coolaid from the local antifa meeting.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Time to arm yourself with the new super soaker.

38e848dc2b10c93afb74b4c816abf543.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom