Dove Outlook?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Drove over to Glencoe this morning, lots of birds on the stubble.

If i were a better shotgunner could have got my limit. Had fun!!!

Got two birds with only one box of ammo,:wink2:

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went out this morning, took one shot, and brought home 1 bird. Only saw half a dozen birds flying. I did see a ton of geese and heard a bunch of guys banging away.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Went out scouting for bow season today at Lexington WMA and carried my shotgun with me just in case I saw any dove. Only saw two at the first place I went to, but I really got into them at the second. I flushed probably around 10-12 total out of some tall grass and saw about 7-8 more fly out of the trees when they heard the shot. This was all in the span of maybe 15 minutes.

Two of the three I recovered weren't dead when I got to them, so I had to kill them by hand (pulled their heads off). When I recovered one of them, I also got a little face to face time with an orb weaver.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was at the farm after work today, and saw a butt load of dove flying into the food plot I put in. I didn't have a shotgun, so they must be some coming in from up north with the cool front we had?

Latest posts

Top Bottom