Dove Outlook?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did anyone do any good yesterday? I got out yesterday evening after the rain stopped and had a surprising number of birds hanging around. Around the grain bins there were probably a 15 or 20 birds hanging around and I managed to get 5. I was pretty pumped, that was way more than I expected to get. I've driven hours before and had worse hunts. And being in the SE part of the state, doves are hard to come by. My dog had one outstanding retrieve from a bird that didn't go down immediately. She saw the feathers fly when I hit the bird and locked on the bird, it kept flying for a hundred yards or so and finally went down on the other side of the draw. She was almost underneath the bird when it hit the ground. She snatched it up and made a B line straight back and dropped it at my feet. I could not have been more proud, she made the hunt with that one retrieve.

Pic from this past fall of my Georgia... she is a bird huntin fool.
[Broken External Image]

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was out by Piedmont. They flew for 10-15 min before the rain hit and that was it. I only managed to get two. I think if we get a hot dry afternoon before it cools off there may be enough birds to make it interesting.

frankos72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got my limit on opening day, but only 4 last night. Probably could have done better last night, but right in the middle of the best 5 minutes of the night, I got a phone call I had to take! I'm hunting on some farmland in Norman. Anyone think there will be any more left after that front last night? I saw a pair in Shawnee today but there were hanging out on the same spot on some old blacktop where I've seen them for a while now. Maybe they are local/non migratory?

Okvet03

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had some buddies limit out in Newcastle this AM. I joined them this evening and only got three. There were very few birds in the air. Anyone have any luck this evening?

Latest posts

Top Bottom