Duck Hunting Stats

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure if any of the waterfowl hunters on here keep season stats, but I thought I would share mine:

I averaged 4.39 birds per hunt.

28% Gadwall, 19% mallards, 16% GWT, 11% Wigeon, 11% BWT, the remaining 15% consisted of Pintail, Ringnecks, Shoveler and Buffleheads.

It was one of the better seasons I've ever had in 20 years of chasing waterfowl. Still looking for that first banded bird though.....

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The last couple of years I kept records detailed enough to fill out the waterfowl survey that the Feds sent out. Didn't do a very good job of doing that this year though. Shot fewer birds this year than ever, but more of them were mallards than usual. Still waiting on jewerly here too, see it done by the guy shooting next to me a few times, bad timing on my part I guess.

Last edited:

OkieShooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hunted three times this year. First trip was a limit. 4 Green wing teal and 2 mallards. First banded bird ever! Second hunt was a limit. 4 Gadwall and 2 Mallards. Third hunt was 1 shy of a limit. All Gadwalls. Would consider it a successful season. Just wish I'd have gotten out a few more times.

underpar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First time in years that I didn't get to hunt. All our ponds were too low, my pit blinds were 40 yards from the water.

No bands here either. I will say that when my grandfather passed, we found a cigar box full of bands while going through all his gear (he loved Jones and Ash creek). I knew there was a reason I always considered him the man I strived to be!

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My poor ol dog is still mad at me for my lack of duck huntin this year. I hit the ponds behind the house a few times when I could see them out the back door, only threw out deeks once. Too ashamed to even say my numbers!

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hunted less this season than I have yet. For the first year since I started waterfowl hunting, I didn't hunt the first split. Usually I hunt 2-3 times before the split and the bulk of my hunting occurs after Christmas through the end of goose season. No bands this season, but this general area has been nice to me in the years I have lived here with an average of a migrant band per season until this year.

One of my most memorable bands from two seasons ago.
i552.photobucket.com_albums_jj351_fishfurlife_band.jpg

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Way to rub it in FFL! Not only have I stuggled to kill a band all my life, but the speck is my unicorn. I can't kill one of those things! Either I have them in the dekes the last week of goose when they're not legal or the slide off the back side at 60 yards when they come in with lessers.

In all seriousness, that is really cool. Congrats!

Latest posts

Top Bottom