Dude on the Tower poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How will it end?

• Total voters

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tower guy never would have been tower guy had it not been for the innappropriate actions of the police.

Please detail what the police did that was inappropriate? Trying to retrieve a trespasser is inappropriate? Inappropriate would have been to shoot him down, push him off, taser him, or use force at a height that would have caused death. That was not done. Instead they waited him out for 6 days, which was probably the humane thing to do, but I have yet to see an argument proving this does NOT cost tax payers money. Mental illness or not, you cannot allow people to climb a tower and hang out for nearly a week. I don't think he should have been shot off or anything, but it should have been resolved a lot sooner than that. And you really think that guy is going to be able to pay for what that stunt cost?

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Please detail what the police did that was inappropriate?

I believe someone said that early on in this situation, when he was near the bottom he was pepper sprayed which drove him back up the tower. Whether it was inappropriate or not, I can't say but I'm sure others will chime in.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Please detail what the police did that was inappropriate?

They pepperballed him, which I thought was a more than silly idea.

but I have yet to see an argument proving this does NOT cost tax payers money?

Police and fire cost taxpayers money, and oftentimes the tasks they perform would not exist if not for idiots wrecking cars, calling them to settle marital disputes, sticking their hand in the lawnmower, lighting the garage on fire, etc.

Tower Guy is no different than legions of oddballs the police and fire deal with on a daily basis.

It's silly thing to say "he cost us money". Of course it did. Just by existing, police and fire cost money. It doesn't matter if they are at the base of a tower, back at the station watching Oprah and cooking dinner, prying the door of some old lady's wrecked Lincoln open, picking up a fat girl that fell on the ice and broker her arm, whatever. Police and fire cost money every day, not just on Tower Guy days.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Please detail what the police did that was inappropriate? Trying to retrieve a trespasser is inappropriate? Inappropriate would have been to shoot him down, push him off, taser him, or use force at a height that would have caused death. That was not done. Instead they waited him out for 6 days, which was probably the humane thing to do, but I have yet to see an argument proving this does NOT cost tax payers money. Mental illness or not, you cannot allow people to climb a tower and hang out for nearly a week. I don't think he should have been shot off or anything, but it should have been resolved a lot sooner than that. And you really think that guy is going to be able to pay for what that stunt cost?

As he was climbing down the tower on Frirday morning at abot the 8' mark the cops started firing pepper balls at him. I'd say an 8' fall is certainly capable of causing some bodily harm. Redardless of his position on the tower pepper spray is/was not an appropriate deterrent.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Police and fire cost taxpayers money, and oftentimes the tasks they perform would not exist if not for idiots wrecking cars, calling them to settle marital disputes, sticking their hand in the lawnmower, lighting the garage on fire, etc.

Tower Guy is no different than legions of oddballs the police and fire deal with on a daily basis.

It's silly thing to say "he cost us money". Of course it did. Just by existing, police and fire cost money. It doesn't matter if they are at the base of a tower, back at the station watching Oprah and cooking dinner, prying the door of some old lady's wrecked Lincoln open, picking up a fat girl that fell on the ice and broker her arm, whatever. Police and fire cost money every day, not just on Tower Guy days.

+1 Lawl. Fat girl on the ice indeed.

I even got a visual of her helplessly spinning around like an oversized, pink hockey puck... her arms barely visable under the tufts of wal-mart synthetic down, flailing about in some pseudo Robby-the-Robot meets Rosanne nightmare.

Thanks Ridge, I needed a laugh tonight. :)

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread is full of win.

We have butthurts, ridgehunter fell in love with towerguy, heroes, villians, taxes, politricks, Bush and Obama mentioned, new operators to this theater giving their two cents, FGST name calling, been's toe obsession, badgebunny, posts criticizing cops, I think someone even mentioned "one to the hip"...

If someone will mention vacuum cleaners and the dangers of XD's, AWD vs FWD, fight club and black rifles I will have created the perfect OSA thread.

...oh and someone ask about hitting quarters at 1000 yards...

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ridgehunter fell in love with towerguy

Tower Guy's stand was a poem that spoke to my heart. If there's ever a Tower Girl, you'll find me waiting at the base with open arms and a ring a la those bitches that fawned over Richard Ramirez aka The Nightstalker. Tell me that's not movie script waiting to be written. I'd want Juliette Lewis to play Tower Girl; she's got the spark. Ron Howard can wear a blonde toupee and play me.

Now right there, folks, is the kind of post that could only come from deep within the mind of RidgeHunter. I've always wanted to write a sentence containing "a la" "aka" "bitches" and the name of an infamous serial killer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom