El Reno versus Chickasha

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which city draws you the most?

• El Reno

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Chickasha

Votes: 16 72.7%

• Total voters

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you have knowledge of both towns could you possibly help me out with some opinions. If you had the same opportunity to establish a business (and relocate to the area) in either El Reno or Chickasha, which would you pick and why?

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmm. I'm thinking traffic count would be slightly higher in El Reno-- as you're also drawing from Yukon, Mustang, etc. With Chickasha--- not much close--- Ninnekah, and that's about it. I would lean towards El Reno personally---- unless said business has direct competitors there. Chickasha, to me, has lost some of it's luster from years ago when Maremont Shock Absorber Factory and Delta Faucet factories were there.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have experience in both, and Chickasha by a mile. Reason: more growth potential, less tornadoes and storms (El reno is a wind funnel), and proximity to Norman (buyers) and Ardmore (Lake Murray) - also Texas is close by if things get hairy.

Edited to fix the Ardmore/Anadarko thing because it's been 2 years since I've been down there and I knew it was an "A" word. My old brain got them mixed up.

Last edited:

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have experience in both, and Chickasha by a mile. Reason: more growth potential, less tornadoes and storms (El reno is a wind funnel), and proximity to Norman (buyers) and Anadarko (Lake Murray) - also Texas is close by if things get hairy.
Anadarko != Ardmore and Chickasha isn’t close to Ardmore, or Texas. It is close to Anadarko. Maybe you are thinking about Fort Cobb lake.

All I’ve learned is someone is geographically challenged.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Anadarko != Ardmore and Chickasha isn’t close to Ardmore, or Texas. It is close to Anadarko. Maybe you are thinking about Fort Cobb lake.

All I’ve learned is someone is geographically challenged.
I'm less than an hour from Burkburnett/WF and Chickasha's about 1:20-30 if you drive 80mph (minus through Lawton). So fairly close.

However, agree 💯 on the Anadarko/Ardmore Lake Murray thing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom