Emergenct authority to track rifle sales requested by batfe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am torn by this...if something is not done, then gun owners take a bashing by the liberals. If something is done, then its one step toward more restrictive gun purchases...

But if I was a FFL dealer near the border, I would have a stockpile of "faulty" guns. I would sell those to people I suspect are acting as gun runners. Because once it gets into the hands of the shooter, its to late for a return. And besides, it will probably get some gun runner whacked for selling faulty merchandise. ;)

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So what systems do the gun shops have in place to even know when one buys more than one a week? Are they required to have certain software/computer systems in place for this?

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives has asked the White House budget office to approve an emergency request requiring border-area gun dealers to report the sales of two or more rifles to the same customer within a five-day period.
OK so what are they going to do with this info? If I buy a M4 type AR carbine, a 9mm AR, and a heavy barrel NM type rifle all on the same day, just what are they going to do? Come knocking on my door? If so what will they want? I can see it going down like this.

ATF: Did you buy these guns?
Me: Yeah man.
ATF: Do you still have them?
Me: Yeah man.
ATF: Why did you buy them?
Me: Uh, like man, because I wanted them?
ATF: Can we see them?
Me: Yeah man. Just as soon as you show me a warrant for those same serial numbers. Until then :finger:

Latest posts

Top Bottom