Empty shelves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had some extra time yesterday, so I went to several gun shops. Now I haven't been living under a rock and I knew there was a shortage. But good God, not only ammo, but firearms of any sort, gone. Is it this way everywhere?

Last Friday the Cabela's in Wichita didn't have probably 10 guns in stock. There wasn't a box of 12 ga of anything except Turkey loads anywhere in the store. Same with 20. They did have 4 boxes of 16 ga #6 high brass that were in a Browning box (I don't care enough to find out who really makes them). I bought 2; $17.99 per., cause I was the only one in our group shooting a 16. The boxes I brought from home were old Winchester and Peters I'd had for eons. Still had the price stickers on them; $4.99 per. There were a few boxes of odd ball crap scattered about, but I didn't look to see what it was. Overall, I'd say less than 20 boxes of ammo of any kind.

The ammo deal has spread outside just the firearms folks. People that don't own guns are buying up ammo and then reselling it.

This is going to sound a little twisted and stupid, but I don't blame the sellers. I blame the buyers. Don't get me wrong, I hope the people doing this have to end up eating the plastic and brass to survive, but until the buyers stop buying, the sellers have no incentive to quit. I had a buddy call me yesterday and tell me I could make some quick money with my ammo stash, because he'd just sold a 525 round white box of .22 for $150.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went into the Norman Atwood's yesterday and where they normally stocked ammo they had holsters or some such.

I ask the fella in sporting goods if they had completely given up on carrying ammo and he said people were stealing the ammo and that they were now keeping it behind the counter when any came in......according to him apparently people were getting a box off the shelf and then strolling around and when the coast looked clear they were dumping the ammo in their pockets and then putting they empty boxes back on the shelf.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went into the Norman Atwood's yesterday and where they normally stocked ammo they had holsters or some such.

I ask the fella in sporting goods if they had completely given up on carrying ammo and he said people were stealing the ammo and that they were now keeping it behind the counter when any came in......according to him apparently people were getting a box off the shelf and then strolling around and when the coast looked clear they were dumping the ammo in their pockets and then putting they empty boxes back on the shelf.

Bastards.

I'm telling you, there are petty property crimes that deserve the death penalty. Theft is one of them.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sports world in Tulsa is packed, but the do have some overpriced Ammo.

Limit 1 box per customer.

2CDC964E-835E-4D68-AB60-951314DC274F.jpeg
E3F15854-FD52-4D2D-AA49-61AD89F99795.jpeg

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A bunch were signing their life away. Stopped by academy and asked about Ammo. They get shipments Monday, Wednesday and fridays. If you are not online at 5:30 am you won’t see any. The store opens at 9:00.

Latest posts

Top Bottom