Enhanced Background Check Act 2021 (HR 1446) Explained

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a theory why I get delayed every time. I’ve posted it before.
The fact that I do puts a glimmer of hope in me that the background check system that is required to discard all info after the “check” is being followed.
One side of me wants it NOW!
The other side says the system is working and rules followed.
But, it’s the gubberment so all bets are off.
I know some people that use their delay to their advantage. Like when Walmart is doing rifle clearance, they'll try to time out the price drop so that they fill out NICS when it's at one markdown, get delayed, then pick up after 30 days when likely the next markdown has hit.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know some people that use their delay to their advantage. Like when Walmart is doing rifle clearance, they'll try to time out the price drop so that they fill out NICS when it's at one markdown, get delayed, then pick up after 30 days when likely the next markdown has hit.

Does wallyworld even sell guns anymore? It’s been close to a year since entering their doors. They have nothing I can’t get elsewhere.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does wallyworld even sell guns anymore? It’s been close to a year since entering their doors. They have nothing I can’t get elsewhere.
Depends on location but yes. Just no evil black rifle or evil pistol ammo. Most stores are cleaned out and they don't seem to prioritize restocking 2A stuff at the moment but small shipments are coming in. If you like 350 legend then that's your go-to store at the moment because every wally world from OK to Albuquerque to Portland had like 3-6 boxes in stock with otherwise empty shelves.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kind of makes me sad to see a place with a name like "Rocket FFL" make a big deal out of there being "NO Gunshow Loophole". There never was a gunshow loophole.

Now, one thing I have seen discussed on a few websites is that conceptually it is possible to implement universal background checks WITHOUT a registry. In theory, if NICS was opened to the public then it would be possible for me to meet John Doe at the Quik Trip, call it in and move on. To be honest, there's pros and cons with that method sure, but it is an interesting though experiment.

That would be just as crazy... who would be stupid enough to give all their personal private information (including SSN) to some yahoo in a parking lot who is under no rules, no obligation to protect their personal information, no oversight, etc.? I mean, no way in hell I'd do it, but I am sure there are plenty of people out there who would. Just nuts. No, private citizens don't even have access to the stolen gun registry, ain't no way they're gonna get NICS access.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's just another foot in the infringement door. A door that needs to be slammed shut! For Good!

The left is surely overrunning us with their political shenanigans. I'll be damned if they try to overrun us with force without a fight! "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future." B.E.Wood

Woody

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That would be just as crazy... who would be stupid enough to give all their personal private information (including SSN) to some yahoo in a parking lot who is under no rules, no obligation to protect their personal information, no oversight, etc.? I mean, no way in hell I'd do it, but I am sure there are plenty of people out there who would. Just nuts. No, private citizens don't even have access to the stolen gun registry, ain't no way they're gonna get NICS access.
Remember that SSN is optional when running it. Most of the rest is on a driver's license which we already people here on the board that will request to see. Or it could be that maybe you have to have a 4473 filled out but the buyer retains it with sellers signature or something.

Whether the whole idea is worth it or right is debatable but there's still possibility on how it could work.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kind of makes me sad to see a place with a name like "Rocket FFL" make a big deal out of there being "NO Gunshow Loophole". There never was a gunshow loophole.

Well, actually there is, but maybe the name we apply isn't correct. I know of a few fine folks that have sold thousands of firearms over the years strictly for profit, primarily at gun shows, but also at their job, on military reserve weekends and other training. It should be legal, but currently is not. And I'm sure that everyone of us know of folks like this, making a small business out of a hobby, and we have no problem with them doing it. However, we must be honest and admit there is a "gunshow loophole". We may want to call it something else, but we cannot defend our stance on 2A with false statements.

Latest posts

Top Bottom