1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Enhanced Background Check Act 2021 (HR 1446) Explained

Discussion in 'Law & Order' started by HiredHand, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Rez Exelon

Rez Exelon Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I know some people that use their delay to their advantage. Like when Walmart is doing rifle clearance, they'll try to time out the price drop so that they fill out NICS when it's at one markdown, get delayed, then pick up after 30 days when likely the next markdown has hit.

2. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Does wallyworld even sell guns anymore? It’s been close to a year since entering their doors. They have nothing I can’t get elsewhere.

HoLeChit likes this.
  3. Rez Exelon

Rez Exelon Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Depends on location but yes. Just no evil black rifle or evil pistol ammo. Most stores are cleaned out and they don't seem to prioritize restocking 2A stuff at the moment but small shipments are coming in. If you like 350 legend then that's your go-to store at the moment because every wally world from OK to Albuquerque to Portland had like 3-6 boxes in stock with otherwise empty shelves.

4. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Just like .357 Sig during the Obama ban

5. tRidiot

tRidiot Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    That would be just as crazy... who would be stupid enough to give all their personal private information (including SSN) to some yahoo in a parking lot who is under no rules, no obligation to protect their personal information, no oversight, etc.? I mean, no way in hell I'd do it, but I am sure there are plenty of people out there who would. Just nuts. No, private citizens don't even have access to the stolen gun registry, ain't no way they're gonna get NICS access.

BobbyV likes this.
  6. BobbyV

BobbyV Uh huh . . . sure

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Just 4 more years of this junk . . .

okcBob likes this.
  7. ConstitutionCowboy

ConstitutionCowboy Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    It's just another foot in the infringement door. A door that needs to be slammed shut! For Good!

The left is surely overrunning us with their political shenanigans. I'll be damned if they try to overrun us with force without a fight! "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future." B.E.Wood

Woody

8. Rez Exelon

Rez Exelon Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Remember that SSN is optional when running it. Most of the rest is on a driver's license which we already people here on the board that will request to see. Or it could be that maybe you have to have a 4473 filled out but the buyer retains it with sellers signature or something.

Whether the whole idea is worth it or right is debatable but there's still possibility on how it could work.

9. BillPenn

BillPenn Marksman

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Most places I get an approval in 15min. Only exception was Wallyworld they took a full 24 hours. I get the feeling they try not to sell.

10. DavidMcMillan

DavidMcMillan Enjoy your life!

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Well, actually there is, but maybe the name we apply isn't correct. I know of a few fine folks that have sold thousands of firearms over the years strictly for profit, primarily at gun shows, but also at their job, on military reserve weekends and other training. It should be legal, but currently is not. And I'm sure that everyone of us know of folks like this, making a small business out of a hobby, and we have no problem with them doing it. However, we must be honest and admit there is a "gunshow loophole". We may want to call it something else, but we cannot defend our stance on 2A with false statements.

HiredHand and harley128 like this.