EV vs IC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
What do you mean, “now”? Has something changed?

I personally feel like EV’s are a waste of money, because not only are they less environmentally friendly as a whole compared to IC cars, but they also do not seem to last as long.

I like the idea of an EV as a short commuter. If I had a job where I just needed to drive back and forth 5-30 miles to work I could see owning one. But, I don’t have the disposable income to buy a vehicle for just commuting. I need something I could do other things with, an economical car for road trips/etc would be nice, but an EV doesn’t fit that role.

I feel that EVs can be beat in every category by hybrids, diesels, or even modern gas cars. They’re cheaper, easier to fuel due to the infrastructure already existing, and the last longer. EVs are just something to buy if you want the features, quietness, or recognition. But they aren’t economically feasible, efficient, or good long term use machines.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
For me...none.

I mean if I was a kajillionaire and had every other vehicle I wanted, I might have one or two just for fun but otherwise I have no interest whatsoever.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tesla with ludicrous mode is fun. I’d still rather have a mustang 350gt.

I’m tempted to get one for a daily commuter when my commuter car dies. I do 40-50 miles a day right now. I’d miss my 3rd pedal though.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My next vehicle will be a hybrid if I have the choice (for the make/model I want). For the type of driving I do 95% of the time, 20-30 miles of range is plenty to get me around on battery alone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom