Even the ugly girl can get a face lift

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I purchased this 870 off of Gunbroker and wanted to get it refinished and then install the Walnut stock I had for it. Well the opportunity presented itself to sell the factory synthetic stock today. You can't just have a shotgun sitting around with no furniture. SOOOOOOoooooo. How does she look.

ai258.photobucket.com_albums_hh272_dblystone_Remington_20870_20Police_20Magnum_DSC_0080.jpg

ai258.photobucket.com_albums_hh272_dblystone_Remington_20870_20Police_20Magnum_DSC_0081.jpg

Funny thing is I haven't even cleaned this up since I purchased it. Just threw it in the safe. I guess I should order the rear sight piece that is missing. Not going to send it to a smith until after the first of the year.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She's a beauty! :naughty:

However...

If she were mine, I'd take long that extension off (what is it...a two? Three rounder?) and put a ONE round tube on it.

I know, I know...a ONE round extension, you say? :scratch:

I dunno...I just think a scattergunn with wood furniture isn't suppossed to have a tacticool mag tube on it. :rolleyes2

But that's just me. :screwy:

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going to stay with the extension until I get it refinished. Ironically when I get back to work this morning I was looking at the stack of parts sitting in the corner of my office. Went ahead and returned the ghost rings, standard mag spring, spring retainer and magazine cap back to Midway. I'm going to get the rifle sights operational first. Might as well use them if they are there.

I'm going to kick myself if I damage this stock between now and refinishing. I might need to hide it in a gun sock until then.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
GED, a scattergun should be capable of delivering as much detruction as possible regardless of furniture...sheesh... lol...

Yeah, I know. :rolleyes2

I can't help it...when you are talking "tacticool" shottys, then yeah...bring on the extended mags! :gun1:

But with good ol' iron and wood as well as an 18" barrel, I personally think the mag tube should be shorter than the muzzle.

I also think that scattergun deserves a leather butt cuff and a leather sling too. ;)

But that's just me! :ugh2:

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I know. :rolleyes2

I can't help it...when you are talking "tacticool" shottys, then yeah...bring on the extended mags! :gun1:

But with good ol' iron and wood as well as an 18" barrel, I personally think the mag tube should be shorter than the muzzle.

I also think that scattergun deserves a leather butt cuff and a leather sling too. ;)

But that's just me! :ugh2:

I'm in a transitional phase with regard to my opinion on firearms. My interest is in what works regardless of how it looks. lol... I'm becoming a user while getting away from being a collector so it's function over form for me.

Before I get flamed for this, I'm not throwing rocks at anyone just commenting on what I'm thinking these days. and.... I like that shotty. lol...

Latest posts

Top Bottom