Experts: Mystery contrail was from Chinese missile

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They just did this by sinking a bunch of money into it; mostly what makes it the fastest supercomputer is a tricked-out interconnect. Plus we still have #2, #5, #7, #8, #10...

I think you are missing the main point.
The Chinese communists who till yesterday were a third world nation, are now, thanks to the money they made from us from favorable trade (after they spent a lot to elect Clinton), in a position to be ahead of us with nothing to slow them down.
While the Democrats are considering cap and trade and the use of the EPA to control and further slow our economy down and more reasons why we cannot produce our own oil, the Chicoms are drilling of the coast of Florida and are signing contracts for the Brazilian offshore oil that the US is financing.
As a computer guy you must be very logical. Do you see any logic in what is happening?

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Certainly. Now, go ahead and laugh and when you're finished laughing, answer me this; do you actually believe what's seen in that video is a plane?
You don't have any depth perception at that distance. You need 3-6 arcmin of differentiation to see depth there. Any depth you think you're seeing is an overcorrection on the part of your brain.

It is likely that it is a plane.

Fair question. But have you ever seen a contrail that looked like that? I never have.
No.
Would it prove anything if I had seen one like it before? No.
Have I ever analyzed contrails before? No.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They just did this by sinking a bunch of money into it; mostly what makes it the fastest supercomputer is a tricked-out interconnect. Plus we still have #2, #5, #7, #8, #10...

SGI is headquartered here and the largest single instance computer in the world is here. The Altix is really awesome stuff.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got an email that said the missile was a secret attack on Alaska ordered by Obama.

That I believe with no reservations!

Pretty interesting read but the economic ties between our two countries make war highly unlikely. Just would not be worth the cost for China or the US.

It might be worth to the Chinese to loose a few million people if they believe they can take us out. Mao exterminated 100-150 million and didn't loose any sleep. Trade is the last thing the Chinese would worry about if they can take the US. When the balance of cost to benefit reaches a point that favors them, we'll have to depend on their loving and caring nature and they are so loving and caring bunch. We need to keep sending more money and jobs to them, you know, free trade.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SGI is headquartered here and the largest single instance computer in the world is here. The Altix is really awesome stuff.

No one really cares about single instance anymore. Compute clusters are the way of the future. And the present. And the past 15 years or so.

As for what this means...Post WWII, the US got used to being the only big dog on the world stage. The Russians were incompetent, and everyone else got bombed to hell and back during the war. Now, with the rise of China and the EU, we're on more equal footing with other economic entities. Whoop-dee-sh*t.

And you're right, China isn't our friend; all wars boil down to economics, and they're our primary economic rival right now. That doesn't mean these pictures are a SOOPER SEEKRIT MISSILE.

Latest posts

Top Bottom