False 911 Calls (Swatting) Reporting School Shootings at Several OK Schools

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, he should pay for the rest of his life for a prank call. Glad we never did that sort of thing when I was a kid.

The one that made the other calls was an adult, sounded middle-eastern.
I agree, if it is a minor then I hope he gets a couple hundred hours volunteering with various emergency services to see what their job is like and what gets put on hold for a prank call. Once that is completed, Id expect a 5-10 page paper on the impact of his prank call and in return for satisfactory feedback on his time and paper I would expunge all records of the incident.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I watched a documentary about swatting a few weeks back, I’ll have to look and see what it was called. Good stuff, really informative. Swatting to me seems a lot less organized than many would think. It seems like it’s mostly kids who are just trying to see what they can get away with for “clout”.

This conversation came up today when I was at Francis turtle taking a certification test, someone pulled a fire alarm. Everybody left the building and stood in groups just outside the doors. I couldn’t help but think about how we were all just sitting ducks if there was some sort of shooting going on. Not that I want people to live in fear or overreact when anything is wrong, but standing out in the open seemed like the most effective thing to be doing in an emergency.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, he should pay for the rest of his life for a prank call. Glad we never did that sort of thing when I was a kid.

The one that made the other calls was an adult, sounded middle-eastern.
I get it, but we never prank called in bomb or death threats. Ours were more benign, like asking for Mike Hawke or Amanda Hugginkis. Lol.
But yeah, kick his nuts in and send him on his way, he'll probably be alright.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was actually listening to the police scanner when the call went out for Rogers HS. Everything sounded like a well organized response kudos to them. The dispatcher was telling the officers in near real time other LEOs were on the scene and not reporting any active shooting at the moment so the responding officers were told to slow down their response for public safety reason.

From what I have gathered so far there were 10 schools across the state targeted with these false calls. The calls were routed through voice over IP probably using a multi-hop VPN so they would be nearly impossible to trace back. When I actually heard one of the calls, they sounded to me like a computer generated text to voice. This indicates to me that this had a higher level of sophistication than just a prank call. I have no real idea the motive behind it.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was actually listening to the police scanner when the call went out for Rogers HS. Everything sounded like a well organized response kudos to them. The dispatcher was telling the officers in near real time other LEOs were on the scene and not reporting any active shooting at the moment so the responding officers were told to slow down their response for public safety reason.

From what I have gathered so far there were 10 schools across the state targeted with these false calls. The calls were routed through voice over IP probably using a multi-hop VPN so they would be nearly impossible to trace back. When I actually heard one of the calls, they sounded to me like a computer generated text to voice. This indicates to me that this had a higher level of sophistication than just a prank call. I have no real idea the motive behind it.
I thought the exact same for a few seconds into the call then the man started answering questions. He sounded mechanical and Indian with a dot claiming to be a math teacher there.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought the exact same for a few seconds into the call then the man started answering questions. He sounded mechanical and Indian with a dot claiming to be a math teacher there.
I only heard a clip about 4 seconds, so I guess I didn't hear the part where questions were answered. Maybe used a voice synthesizer to sound just real enough but no way to do a pattern match. At first the dispatcher said there was no record of the teacher's name in the school records, but a minute or so later reported that in fact there was someone by that name. Not unusual for the first few minutes of a chaotic situation.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
hey i know ya'll love to call me self righteous and whatnot, but i swear ya'll just called me crazy for talking about this in the thread about "live streaming while being pulled over by police".

it's almost like.....the "crazy" guy is more in touch with reality than......

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
hey i know ya'll love to call me self righteous and whatnot, but i swear ya'll just called me crazy for talking about this in the thread about "live streaming while being pulled over by police".

it's almost like.....the "crazy" guy is more in touch with reality than......
Not sure what this has to do with live streaming a cop on a traffic stop, but you are you so there's that.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I watched a documentary about swatting a few weeks back, I’ll have to look and see what it was called. Good stuff, really informative. Swatting to me seems a lot less organized than many would think. It seems like it’s mostly kids who are just trying to see what they can get away with for “clout”.

This conversation came up today when I was at Francis turtle taking a certification test, someone pulled a fire alarm. Everybody left the building and stood in groups just outside the doors. I couldn’t help but think about how we were all just sitting ducks if there was some sort of shooting going on. Not that I want people to live in fear or overreact when anything is wrong, but standing out in the open seemed like the most effective thing to be doing in an emergency.
yeah it was clear during columbine that two things could happen:

>a school shooting situation with a team of shooters set up outside to merely gun down the "lets all group up and assemble here" crowd
>the inside shooters do a clothes change and merely walk out, hands on head, with the rest of the kids

i dunno, i mean i know all these are psyops because something like this hasn't occurred. tells me all i need to know.

a far more real problem is a pissed off kid/teen just calling in the state sanctioned hit squad rather than getting his hands dirty. and they have qualified immunity when they kill your kid(s).

Latest posts

Top Bottom