Perkins,OK: Third-grade teacher drunk at work.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A few others here said she needs help, she doesn't need to be tar and feathered, but unfortunately she will fall on the sword and blanket assumptions will be made by parents because the fastest way to unite a group of people is to give them a common enemy.

Too few parents and far to few of general public will ask why it is that she did this. First day and she was drunk? Means she likely drove to work under the influence as well.

As a parent my hope is that she gets the help she needs and uses this time to get well.
And her teaching career is over regardless. That's just the way it works, in my experience. No one will hire her except maybe as a substitute, and I wouldn't bet on that.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She is guilty ok. But the strong arming and attitude towards her was not needed. She should have clammed up and asked for an Attorney to speak for her.
Personally, I feel sorry for her. She’s apparently an alcoholic and needs treatment. However, she’s in a position of public trust. She’s literally a measure of safety and security for people’s small children. That’s different from some random person doing a random job in a company.

There’s also the matter of who she could’ve killed driving to work. She repeated lied to a law enforcement officer. That’s a crime in and of itself. LEO’s universally don’t like being lied to. She made her bed and now she has to lie in it.

If you’re a teacher and a semi-functioning alcoholic, the time to ask for help through an EAP program is before you blow a .24 at work while lying about what you’ve done.

I hope she gets the help she needs and manages to salvage what’s left of her working years. She didn’t hurt anyone fortunately and deserves a chance.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
And her teaching career is over regardless. That's just the way it works, in my experience. No one will hire her except maybe as a substitute, and I wouldn't bet on that.
Yeah, that is a shame. I didn't see how long she had been a teacher, but this is all just part of the process to subvert attention from administration in Tulsa misappropriation of funds, and showing they are doing something for the greater good.

Really that is what it is all about you know?

Distraction!

https://www.fox23.com/news/local/co...cle_f9381700-ff1d-11ed-955e-1ff73c06929b.html

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, that is a shame. I didn't see how long she had been a teacher, but this is all just part of the process to subvert attention from administration in Tulsa misappropriation of funds, and showing they are doing something for the greater good.

Really that is what it is all about you know?

Distraction!

https://www.fox23.com/news/local/co...cle_f9381700-ff1d-11ed-955e-1ff73c06929b.html
Seems unlikely, since this is in Perkins, not Tulsa. Peeking at a map, there's a bit of distance there.

User_3155

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it was her 1st issue at school with it, I'd pull her aside and say get it together. However, I have a feeling this wasn't her 1st time and this was the straw that broke the camel's back.

With that said, there's not enough money in this world to entice me to even think of being a school teacher / babysitter.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alcohol is a curse on humanity.
No, it's the tendency for humans to go off the rails that's the curse. Ben Franklin said "Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy." All the fools who over-do it, get drunk, spend all their money, abuse or ignore their wives and kids, they're the ones who mess it up for everyone else.

I'm not fond of beer, wine, or most spirits, but that's mostly because there are way too many drunks and druggies in my family, and I determined not to be one of them. Decided long ago to not establish the habits that made my relatives that way. Wasn't always easy. I spent 24 years in the Air Force. Alcohol was embedded in the culture. Beer bashes to celebrate promotions, reassignments, new arrivals, and just because it was Friday. Got stationed in Germany late in my career, and kept getting asked why I was there, since I drank hardly at all. I'd share a beer with someone else, instead of drinking one ( or more) of my own. Some folks hate people who won't drink at all. They thought I was weird, but I wasn't preachy about it, so didn't worry them. But I got to watch a friend with 15+ years in service get bounced out when I was a young troop. He was a TSgt to my mosquito wings when I met him. And I outranked him a year or so later when they put him out the gate. No retirement. No benefits. Nothing. I still don't know if he even made it home to Sacramento. That was almost 50 years ago.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, it's the tendency for humans to go off the rails that's the curse. Ben Franklin said "Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy." All the fools who over-do it, get drunk, spend all their money, abuse or ignore their wives and kids, they're the ones who mess it up for everyone else.

I'm not fond of beer, wine, or most spirits, but that's mostly because there are way too many drunks and druggies in my family, and I determined not to be one of them. Decided long ago to not establish the habits that made my relatives that way. Wasn't always easy. I spent 24 years in the Air Force. Alcohol was embedded in the culture. Beer bashes to celebrate promotions, reassignments, new arrivals, and just because it was Friday. Got stationed in Germany late in my career, and kept getting asked why I was there, since I drank hardly at all. I'd share a beer with someone else, instead of drinking one ( or more) of my own. Some folks hate people who won't drink at all. They thought I was weird, but I wasn't preachy about it, so didn't worry them. But I got to watch a friend with 15+ years in service get bounced out when I was a young troop. He was a TSgt to my mosquito wings when I met him. And I outranked him a year or so later when they put him out the gate. No retirement. No benefits. Nothing. I still don't know if he even made it home to Sacramento. That was almost 50 years ago.

I'm no longer willing to give humans the benefit of doubt on this. We've been tolerant and patient enough and all it has done is created places like Philly and Sacramento where druggies stand zombified in the streets.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm no longer willing to give humans the benefit of doubt on this. We've been tolerant and patient enough and all it has done is created places like Philly and Sacramento where druggies stand zombified in the streets.
I figure we should let them have at it, away from everyone else, and either get it out of their systems or kill themselves off. Breed it out of the human race, if possible.

Latest posts

Top Bottom